Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen bike

Options
  • 05-07-2013 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

my bike was stolen from my garden shed in ballyowen lane area,
    I rang Staggs re pricing for insurance and they said I was the 4th this week alone, seems to be a lot of bike thefts at the moment in lucan so be warned.

if anybody hears of a ladies silver giant bike for sale I'd appreciate any info

Comments

carolmon wrote: »
    my bike was stolen from my garden shed in ballyowen lane area,
    I rang Staggs re pricing for insurance and they said I was the 4th this week alone, seems to be a lot of bike thefts at the moment in lucan so be warned.

if anybody hears of a ladies silver giant bike for sale I'd appreciate any info

Keep an eye on adverts and donedeal. A good few are sold on through those sites. Others just for cash on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 merthyr

Caught 2 lads with a stolen bike in front of Init Yoga in Ringsend Road, Dublin today at 4.20pm.
    Not sure where they took it from but I brought it to SurfDock around the corner.
    It's a dark red city bike (hybrid) with a basket on the front.

Little scumbags didn't even have the nerve to put up a fight!

merthyr wrote: »
    Caught 2 lads with a stolen bike in front of Init Yoga in Ringsend Road, Dublin today at 4.20pm.
    Not sure where they took it from but I brought it to SurfDock around the corner.
    It's a dark red city bike (hybrid) with a basket on the front.

Little scumbags didn't even have the nerve to put up a fight!

Would you not have brought it to Irishtown or Pearse St Garda Stations? Did you report it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rooster_86

my bike was stolen today from harcourt road (top of harcourt street) opposite the bagel factory. the security company has them on cctv and apparently a squad car saw them running off with it and they were arrested. i came out of work this evening with no bike there and was told this by the security guard. Gardai showed up and took my details, apparently the chance of gettin it back is 6%

Rooster_86 wrote: »
    my bike was stolen today from harcourt road (top of harcourt street) opposite the bagel factory. the security company has them on cctv and apparently a squad car saw them running off with it and they were arrested. i came out of work this evening with no bike there and was told this by the security guard. Gardai showed up and took my details, apparently the chance of gettin it back is 6%

It's down to luck. Also, the majority of people don't note their serial numbers so if we do find a generic bike how can we prove who owns it?

• Advertisement

foreign wrote: »
    It's down to luck. Also, the majority of people don't note their serial numbers so if we do find a generic bike how can we prove who owns it?

If the Gardai recover it, i can easily prove it was mine. ThinkBike in Rathmines take a picture of you with the bike when they sell it to you.

If the Gardai recover it, i can easily prove it was mine. ThinkBike in Rathmines take a picture of you with the bike when they sell it to you.

As an example, what makes one white trek FX different to another?

foreign wrote: »
    As an example, what makes one white trek FX different to another?

Well good question. But if someone comes looking for a white FX, and they have a picture of themselves with it, and can confirm when/where it was taken- i think your odds on at that point.

Well good question. But if someone comes looking for a white FX, and they have a picture of themselves with it, and can confirm when/where it was taken- i think your odds on at that point.

Sorry, I should have said for times when we recover bikes either abandoned or from a gow and they don't tell where it was stolen.

It's common for decent bikes to be recovered and them not reported or too many matches to find an owner.

Advertisement