Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuse board- fuse issue

Options
  • 05-07-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi

I got both immersion element changed about 3 months ago. Woke up this morning with no hot water.

The fuse was tripped however when I tried to push it up it was very hard to push up. Had to apply a bit of force and it eventually switched up however it Is kinda loose and not up all the way. I'm afraid to try the immersion as I don't want to blow the timer ( happened last time and they cost €70) Is the fuse likely broken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leedswhite

Hi,

By the sound of it the CB(circuit breaker) is damaged. You will know very quickly by trying the Immersion now to see if it is working.

apeking wrote: »
    Hi

I got both immersion element changed about 3 months ago. Woke up this morning with no hot water.

The fuse was tripped however when I tried to push it up it was very hard to push up. Had to apply a bit of force and it eventually switched up however it Is kinda loose and not up all the way. I'm afraid to try the immersion as I don't want to blow the timer ( happened last time and they cost €70) Is the fuse likely broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

leedswhite wrote: »
    Hi,

By the sound of it the CB(circuit breaker) is damaged. You will know very quickly by trying the Immersion now to see if it is working.

Thanks

Don't want to blow the timer!! Will give it a go when get home.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

as above could be damaged but some brands of mcb need to be pulled right down til they click before they can be reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

+1 for Indie Armada above

Also see: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80865848

Post #3

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Cerco wrote: »
    +1 for Indie Armada above

Also see: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80865848

Post #3

Thanks lads. An electrician came out yesterday. The RCD was broken, replaced in 5 minutes and everything back working. Couldn't find a fault with the immersion either so will have to wait and see if it trips again. He siad it is very unusual for the RCD to break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement