Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recalling a Bank Transfer

Options
  • 05-07-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

We own a rental property in France. Recently our email address was hacked and any rental enquiries were diverted to scammers who then tried to get payments from potential tenants. We managed to track down all of them, but one had already transferred funds from an AIB account to a Barlcay's Account (that had been set up in my mother's name).

I contacted Barclays to report the fraud, and they said to contact the police (which I did) and to get the client to contact AIB (which I also did). AIB said it was a police matter and that there was nothing that could be done. The transfer was made just a week ago.

Has anyone had a similar experience that had a happy ending??! Or are you aware of any route that can be followed to possibly recall the transfer?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's really between the payer and their bank, not much you can do unfortunately.

Advertisement