Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RocknRoll Half Marathon

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Chip times were in the Indo yesterday.
    Thanks Helen Anne, my problem is that my name and number is not there !!!!

Dermo09 wrote: »
    Thanks Helen Anne, my problem is that my name and number is not there !!!!

oh no! I think there were one or two listed in the paper as 'unknown' (or something) do you know your approx finishing time?

oh no! I think there were one or two listed in the paper as 'unknown' (or something) do you know your approx finishing time?
    According to my Garmin it was 1:51:20 and that would be chip time rather than gun time...

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Anyone know if they are going to release more details stats either. Such as you position in your category.
    I noticed there was a timing mat about half way around but no mention of the time at that point. I would have thought such a big organisation would have had it linked to facebook, twitter etc.

I got this response today from the organisers following an email I sent them about the category results etc. ........"The results must be postedthrough independent.ie and they do not have the capacity to display this typeof information. However, we will be transferring the results to be hostedour own website in the next 1-2 weeks. At that time, you will be able tosee more details such as your age placement."

In fairness to them they responded to my query within minutes.

• Advertisement

According to my Garmin it was 1:51:20 and that would be chip time rather than gun time...

There's a 'Dermot' & a 'Diarmaid' in the 1.51.xx time frame in the paper - presume they're not you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dundrummer

Also, has anyone else still not received an official time yet???

I was also missing from the website (didn't check the newspaper). I contacted them through the link given on the website with my race number, watch time and the corral number I started in, on Monday night.

They sent me an e-mail reply fairly quickly with a chip time (equal to my watch time - coincidence?!), and a gun time, saying "We will get this updated for you asap." I'm not there yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah,
    The mens were: Clonliffe, Rathfarnham, Raheny
    The ladies were: Leevale, Raheny, Mayo.

Looks like Sportsworld are promoted to Bronze in the ladies; Mayo AC have been given the 35+ Gold (thir accumulalted time was faster then Sportsworld though???)

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=34103

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like Sportsworld are promoted to Bronze in the ladies; Mayo AC have been given the 35+ Gold (thir accumulalted time was faster then Sportsworld though???)

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=34103

I don't know how official these results are...but there seems to be several omisions. For example..in the Male 045 category...the 1st 11 finishers are not included?...or am i not understanding something??

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Ceekay wrote: »
    I don't know how official these results are...but there seems to be several omisions. For example..in the Male 045 category...the 1st 11 finishers are not included?...or am i not understanding something??

And some of those category times look impressive. Some folks scorched around the course in 5 minutes. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Ceekay wrote: »

Not sure how accurate they are when they have the winner of the F55 category down as a man from Tallaght AC???

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/aai-category-results-summary-rock-n-roll-half-marathon-dublin.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gate22

Hi a couple of general questions, will the AAI have all club (indiviual runners) results from the National half or will it be just the top ranked? also I'm trying to source photos from the start times from the corrals futher down the group any suggestions, Marathonfoto has mainly finishing area. Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

The M50 individual results are also wrong.

There's a 'Dermot' & a 'Diarmaid' in the 1.51.xx time frame in the paper - presume they're not you?
    No, I have been on to the organisers, and they have issued me with a time....so at least my PB is now official...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

humm - i seem to be missing from the cough! (v35) cough! category

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

The M50 individual results are also wrong.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Niall won that. Also Im down as part of the Rathfarnham team??? Plus one of our lads won the over 55s Female category.......he's delighted though and wont give that medal up without a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

tunguska wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Niall won that. Also Im down as part of the Rathfarnham team??? Plus one of our lads won the over 55s Female category.......he's delighted though and wont give that medal up without a fight.

Was wondering that alright thought you had jumped ship :D

Seems to be something against TAC in those results between you, Niall and Gerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

tunguska wrote: »
    ****ing dead right, they are hard enough won. How do the AAi manage to consistently mess up results. I know some will say its complicated because results are tangled up in another race but you don't need a very high IQ to know a man cant win a womens race.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gate22

Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dublin FM are looking to do a piece on this and if anyone is willing to give feedback from anyone who did the race

If anyone is interested they can contact

insidesport@dublincityfm.ie

(I have no affiliation with this what so ever)

Advertisement