Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RocknRoll Half Marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Anyone know how many are going to running this. They seem to be advertising heavily which makes me think they may be short numbers.

Been thinking again about supporting runs like this and the marathon when there are so many charity runs about and better prices.

About 5500, I believe. Not sure how many they were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The paddywhackery of the website is hilarious , the tshirt I'm sure will be the emeraldest of greens imaginable and I'm sure the expo will be full of smiling Californians wishing me a "great run", nevertheless I'm doing this for the convenience of a local half marathon , given recent posts on some poorly organised efforts here , achill , not enough water in Killarney etc. at least the yanks won't tolerate any of that crap... Still would prefer a good charity run next year same time ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Oops69 wrote: »
    at least the yanks won't tolerate any of that crap... Still would prefer a good charity run next year same time ....

Ha. Obviously you haven't heard abou the water issues at the Las Vegas rocknroll.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/dec/08/marathon/

Which led to a drop in numbers of 14,000 the following year. Oh the yanks won't tolerate any of that crap.

http://m.lvsun.com/news/2012/dec/01/las-vegas-marathon-participation-down----not-becau/

The price increase for AAI members is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

The promotion of this race is being done by an Irish firm. They also promoted the Samsung run and will be involved in the Grant Thornton 5k. Personally I think they do a great job in keeping the races they promote very much in the focus of the running public , so as far as marketing goes, they are doing a good job. And for the record one of our club members works for that firm , so it's got the input of a real runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Got an email about this earlier with Promo Code: LASTCALL for €10 off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Pain in backside that both myself and the wife have to attend the expo to collect our bibs packs. I can understand they want u to go to the expo for some impulse purchases but in fact I'll end up spending less time there now as we'll have to bring the kids also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

donnacha wrote: »
    Pain in backside that both myself and the wife have to attend the expo to collect our bibs packs. I can understand they want u to go to the expo for some impulse purchases but in fact I'll end up spending less time there now as we'll have to bring the kids also.

agree with you, i know it starts early at 8:30 but they should have some point of pick up that morning, else post out. a postage stamp isn't going to break the bank & they're getting sponsorship along with 49 euro entry fee so can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Yea, my wife is on night shifts apart from the night before the race, so with both of us having to go in "with photo ID" in person is a real pain.
    Next year I'll stick to a smaller, cheaper half I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Oops69 wrote: »
    The paddywhackery of the website is hilarious , the tshirt I'm sure will be the emeraldest of greens imaginable and I'm sure the expo will be full of smiling Californians wishing me a "great run", nevertheless I'm doing this for the convenience of a local half marathon , given recent posts on some poorly organised efforts here , achill , not enough water in Killarney etc. at least the yanks won't tolerate any of that crap... Still would prefer a good charity run next year same time ....

Surely anyone can run on behalf of a charity in any road race whenever they want to, or do anything they want at any time on behalf of any charity. There's far too many charity road races around if you ask me and I don't see a hell of a lot of difference between charity and commercial events. Personally I think it's better to see proceeds going back into the sport as it does with many club events and even some of the bigger races. It has become mainstream to expect road races to fund charities and many hold the view that races shouldn't be held at all unless a charity was benefiting. Don't get me wrong, I am not against charities but how come the same expectation isn't held when it comes to every football match, hurling match, horse race or most other sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

zefer wrote: »
    Got an email about this earlier with Promo Code: LASTCALL for €10 off

Do you know if you can use this code entering through AAI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

tunguska wrote: »
    Do you know if you can use this code entering through AAI?

Whats the story for AAI athletes? Are we getting number posted out or do we attend the expo?

Take it we are all in the front corral for the race. No info anywhere as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Whats the story for AAI athletes? Are we getting number posted out or do we attend the expo?

Take it we are all in the front corral for the race. No info anywhere as far as I can see.

From what I can see we still have to attend the expo, and we can't even get someone to collect our number as Photo ID is required. Complete farce and inconvenience to those outside of Dublin.

blockic wrote: »
    From what I can see we still have to attend the expo, and we can't even get someone to collect our number as Photo ID is required. Complete farce and inconvenience to those outside of Dublin.

But you dont even need photo id for Dublin Marathon:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Our club captain entered all of us and as far as I know is also picking up the numbers. Haven't heard any info about corrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

When is the expo? Is there information on the date and time? I've received no info yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    When is the expo? Is there information on the date and time? I've received no info yet....

It's on the 3/4 aug in the old Burlington hotel 11-5pm both days. I got an email in junk folder

thewolf_ie wrote: »

Definitely check your spam folder - I got my mail 25th July at 1am. It has a link to a confirmation sheet which had your race number. You need to bring a signed copy + photo ID to pick up your race pack.

If you don't have the info try this email address: rnrdublin@competitorgroup.com

I'd got a response on it as unfortunately I put in a marathon predicted finishing time rather than HM and needed to work out if I'll be able to change corral (which thankfully you can do at the expo).

donnacha wrote: »
    Definitely check your spam folder - I got my mail 25th July at 1am. It has a link to a confirmation sheet which had your race number. You need to bring a signed copy + photo ID to pick up your race pack.

Interesting, I didn't get this email at all. Did you register through AAI or directly through RocknRoll?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Thanks will check out the spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

never got the email either, I entered through the AAI link. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

redved wrote: »
    never got the email either, I entered through the AAI link. Anyone else in the same boat?

yup AAI registered - i've heard nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

statss wrote: »

There's probably a different pick up point for AAI athletes, hopefully on the morning of the race....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

menoscemo wrote: »
    There's probably a different pick up point for AAI athletes, hopefully on the morning of the race....

I'm registered as AAI and got the e-mail alright. It's quite explicit about everyone having to pick up their own number without exception. Pain in the hole to be honest. Obviously trying to drum up support for the expo. Maybe they'll relax the requirement before next weekend.

redved wrote: »
    statss wrote: »

Cool, I'm not the ony one so.

blockic wrote: »
    Cool, I'm not the ony one so.

Got nothing either. Nothing in spam filter folder either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

menoscemo wrote: »

The €25 special runners entry probably get no goody bag, t-shirt and a blank sheet of paper to draw your number on:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I hope you're not all this confused on race morning. :)

Doubt there be corrals for AAI athletes, sure Dublin marathon is national champs as well and doesn't have a separate start for AAI.

Anyone know how many are expected to run this?

Just to confirm I registered direct with RnR.

Anyone know how many are expected to run this?

The facebook page was claiming 6,000 had registered on Thurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

no 1:20 pacer:(
    anyone else targetting a 1:19 , could do with a pacer!

Advertisement