Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RocknRoll Half Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

http://ie.competitor.com/dublin/confirmation

This might help.

I expect there to be a section at the front for National Half entrants much like the National 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

happygoose wrote: »
    http://ie.competitor.com/dublin/confirmation

This might help.

I expect there to be a section at the front for National Half entrants much like the National 10k.

ah, lovely, there I am, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

ps my sheet says I'm in "Corral 2" (AAI registered , 1:29 target time)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Making Corral Changes
    To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary. If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race pack (which contains your race number) at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral.

Taken from http://ie.competitor.com/dublin/event-information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

statss wrote: »
    ps my sheet says I'm in "Corral 2" (AAI registered , 1:29 target time)

Does anyone know the division for the different Corrals?

I see from the above link that my Club Captain put me down for 1:30 and I am in corral 2. I have run faster a good few times so wondering should I move up? I'd be gunning for around 1:25...

also i would have thought that all championship entries would be in corral 1; given that team scores etc are decided on gun time....apparently not :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

menoscemo wrote: »

I see from the above link that my Club Captain put me down for 1:30 and I am in corral 2. I have run faster a good few times so wondering should I move up? I'd be gunning for around 1:25...

also i would have thought that all championship entries would be in corral 1; given that team scores etc are decided on gun time....apparently not :rolleyes:

Think this could be a bit messy. You could end up drinking sat night after the match?

Think this could be a bit messy. You could end up drinking sat night after the match?

I'd hope to get away with it with Sunday as a rest day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

1:22 is Corral 1 anyway, so that narrows it down for ya! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Between confirmation slips , photo Id , mandatory this that and the other , I'd advise everyone to allow plenty of time To get thru the X-ray and body scanners , mandatory body frisk and psychological profiling before you even get into your 'corral' next Monday ,and all just to run 13.1miles in your own city !!,makes one wonder sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Just looked at the website. Interesting course. But does live rock'n'roll every mile make sense at an event that starts at 8am? I'd imagine even the walkers would prefer a bit of harmless talk radio.

If this event is a success, how long before the "Rock'n'Roll Dublin Marathon"? (Complete with free pacers, free weather, and free road for your 100 euro entry fee?)

• Advertisement

I don't know about you guys , but I'm keeping my " free" pacer after the race , ill keep him or her in a room with a treadmill , will feed it occasionally but it better perform for the DCM or I'm giving it back...... Ok I'll stop being bold now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

They're giving a half hour expo clinic on 'How to Follow the Pace Team' on Saturday.

http://ie.competitor.com/2013/07/dublin/expo-clinics_680

Is there any special knack to it other than 'run near the pacers'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

vitani wrote: »
    They're giving a half hour expo clinic on 'How to Follow the Pace Team' on Saturday.

http://ie.competitor.com/2013/07/dublin/expo-clinics_680

Is there any special knack to it other than 'run near the pacers'?

At least this will be a "free" clinic, no doubt. Anything to get the punters to hang around the expo longer and buy more stuff.

Free toilets too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Did anybody get an e-mail from AAI? Got one today and Im not really sure what to make of it.

Dear Runner,
    We received your AAI National Half Marathon Championship registration for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin Half Marathon on 5 August, 2013.
    To participate in the AAI National Half Marathon Championships, you must be a registered member of an affiliated Athletics Ireland or ANI club:
    If you have registered as an affiliated club member you may collect your race pack at the AAI desk at the EXPO in the DT Dublin Hotel on Saturday or Sunday, 3-4 August from 11am – 5pm. as per attached instructions.
    If you have registered as an unaffiliated club member we regret to inform you that your race entry is null and if you would like to participate in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin Half Marathon, you can register at the Health & Fitness Expo at the DT Dublin Hotel on Saturday or Sunday, 3-4 August from 11am – 5pm. Please visit the Solutions table within the Registration area to pay the remaining fee (€20 – cash or cheque only) and receive your race number, t-shirt and goodie bag.

tunguska wrote: »
    Did anybody get an e-mail from AAI? Got one today and Im not really sure what to make of it.

Second email sent out too. If your a member of a club dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sounds like some people tried to enter the championship race without being club members

RayCun wrote: »
    Sounds like some people tried to enter the championship race without being club members

Yep just got the 2nd e-mail just there. Looks like a few banditos were looking to get a few quid off by claiming membership of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

murphd77 wrote: »
    If this event is a success, how long before the "Rock'n'Roll Dublin Marathon"? (Complete with free pacers, free weather, and free road for your 100 euro entry fee?)

There'll be a "Rock 'N' Roll" marathon festival to include the half, the full, and the mini :D

Yep just got the 2nd e-mail just there. Looks like a few banditos were looking to get a few quid off by claiming membership of a club.

Did they refund the bandits though!!!!!

Did they refund the bandits though!!!!!

Im not sure what you mean by that AR but from reading the 2nd e-mail it looks like they'll be charging El Banditos an extra 24 bills when they go to pick up they're numbers. I'd assume they'd be turfed out of the AAI starting sections aswell.

• Advertisement

I'd assume they'd be turfed out of the AAI starting sections aswell.

Not sure there are any; unless corral 1 + 2 are reserved for AAI runners?

Not sure there are any; unless corral 1 + 2 are reserved for AAI runners?

I think thats it, there has to be a seperate section right up the front for AAI runners as national races are always timed off the Gun as opposed to a chip. Im in coral 1 so that has to be it.

I think thats it, there has to be a seperate section right up the front for AAI runners as national races are always timed off the Gun as opposed to a chip. Im in coral 1 so that has to be it.

Hopefully so; Derek put me down for 1:30 and am In corral 2!! I'll check at the expo; if they are letting corral 1+2 off together I won't need to move up a band.

I am in corral 2 and i signed up via our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

I am in corral 2 and i signed up via our club.

I'm in corral 2 as well, but was wondering if that just refers to entrants for the Rock 'n' Roll and there might be a separate corral up front for AAI entrants, seeing as you have to pick up your number from the AAI desk at the expo. Wishful thinking?

antomagoo wrote: »
    I'm in corral 2 as well, but was wondering if that just refers to entrants for the Rock 'n' Roll and there might be a separate corral up front for AAI entrants, seeing as you have to pick up your number from the AAI desk at the expo. Wishful thinking?

I dont mind really, its not like i be challenging for the lead or something. I be running my own little race :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

I'm still reeling from the FREE pacers...............

No sign of " free " parking at the expo on the Saturday though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Delighted that my "curb crew" won't have to take pictures of me on the day now and they can relax. :D

Haha! the emails are well entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

blockic wrote: »
    Delighted that my "curb crew" won't have to take pictures of me on the day now and they can relax. :D

Haha! the emails are well entertaining!

You need to race this in your Josh Harris hat...I have a feeling the curb crew would have much respect for that

Advertisement