Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adoption in 1958

• 05-07-2013 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

id like to know what way the adoption laws are now??, i was born in 1958,adopted in 1967. ive tried 3 times to find out about my background, ive suffered depression all my life over this as i dont know who i am and what life i was meant to be living. i approached a nun from the board and she first told me my mother was from limerick and couldnt be traced. ok a few years later i tried again ,this time i was told my mother was in england and couldnt be traced. now ive tried again a few years ago and this time i was told my mother was in america,ya right,protect the mothers identity and let the child go to hell,those nuns were liars,witches in pinguin suits,bats out of hell,how dare they cover up for that bitch that pushed me aside for who ever wanted to take me off her hands,there was a time i felt sorry for her ,but thats all changed now since i kept rooting and discovered ive two brothers,i severely handycapped. i deserve to know who i am,im not a dog someone can just throw away to someone else and give it a new name. my whole life is a lie,ill find that bitch or someone belong to her and shel suffer for leaving us kids,thank you for nothing adoption society of ireland,any one else out there suffered like i have,come forward and shame those cruel people,its not your fault you were adopted. a cow dosent leave her calf,yet..my mother left 3 of us and got away with it

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Your adoption is under the 1954 Act.
    As you have had no joy from the nuns who organised the adoption- contact the Adoption Authority- and explain in detail that you have requested information 3 times. You've been given 3 very different stories. You'd appreciate as a very minimum non-identifying information, and to be added to the contact preference register (if you go to their website you can download the form for the contact preference register).

Once you have your non-identifying information- it may be possible to find further information- including for example, your original birth certificate- which would have your mother's original name on it. Proceeding beyond this- depends on numerous factors- but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

First step- contact the Adoption Authority- make them aware of the contact you've had with the nuns previously, and how you have not been given coherent non-identifying information. Get this information from them. Register on the contact preference register. Decide what you'd like to do then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 amber07

thank you for this,ill do that.

Advertisement