Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport - The ride

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I tried to watch it, but it sort of lost credibility to me when they brought on Virenque as the second "legend" so gave up half way through the second episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Yeah, I was surprised they had Virenque too.. but then again... who could they get that is 100% guaranteed clean...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Funny that there's an article on the same page about how things have changed.
    The inclusion of Virenque suggests otherwise.
    Fender76 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was surprised they had Virenque too.. but then again... who could they get that is 100% guaranteed clean...?

Wouldn't have to be 100% clean but contrite about past ways and doing something credible for clean sport would do.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I see it differently, we might actually get to see Virenque climbing Mont Ventoux clean.

* as an aside, Bassons said he was the only rider on Festina able to keep with pace with Virenque in the mountains during winter training, despite Virenque trying to drop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Seen the first 2 episodes, looks decent so far. Anyone know when episode 3 & 4 are on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Seen the first 2 episodes, looks decent so far. Anyone know when episode 3 & 4 are on?

Wondering the same myself, Sky plus wont series link it. I am sure it will be available online, like the first two

If I see it in the schedule I let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yeah its a pain in the ass! its pretty random when it comes on it looks like, so the chances for missing it are v high, oh well least can watch it online on oakley site

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Checked with them on Twitter (@EurosportUKTV)

Episode3 - Sat 13th
    Episode4 - Wed 17th

Schedule here: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=the%20ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Cheers bbloger

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Looking fwd to it.

Saw a promo clip where Kelly attacks Froome on Ventoux... still has the hunger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

bbolger wrote: »
    Checked with them on Twitter (@EurosportUKTV)

Episode3 - Sat 13th
    Episode4 - Wed 17th

Schedule here: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=the%20ride

that scedule isnt making much sense, both the episodes I saw were introduced and shown during the live studio build up before stages. yet according to the schedule its being shown at 9pm next saturday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

The look of disappointment on kellys face when the words "I'm going to use the 11-28 on the climb" out of the danish lad is classic.
    there's a lad who lost his chance with kellys daughter anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

kingoffifa wrote: »
    The look of disappointment on kellys face when the words "I'm going to use the 11-28 on the climb" out of the danish lad is classic.
    there's a lad who lost his chance with kellys daughter anyways...

And then he quickly adds oh but its a 39 up front :pac:

But the damage was already done..

SK looks in much better shape than Virenque, with 15 odd years between them.

Advertisement