Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat wholesalers to the public

Options
  • 05-07-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Thinking of stocking up the freezer this weekend, anyone got an opinions on CL Meats at Kinsale Roundabout or Cork Meats in Douglas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Molly's butchers are on face book been using them for he last six months, they deliver to your house. Really good deals on line. Meat is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is any of the meat which these wholesalers sell Irish? Just I was in one recently and I could not find those labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

What's the quality like? What sort of delivery window do they have? Is it free delivery? Does the stuff arrive frozen or ready to cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Bresnans Butchers in Douglas do delivery and their meat is 100% Irish. I stocked up last month and there was no delivery charge. Their website is www.bresnans.ie but I always just phone in my orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

O'Connell's in Sarsfield Industrial Estate is pretty good, stocked up at christmas, very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

corblimey wrote: »
    What's the quality like? What sort of delivery window do they have? Is it free delivery? Does the stuff arrive frozen or ready to cook?

Based on Rhys's post above I got a delivery from Molloy's on Saturday. Phoned order on Sat morning and had it delivered to the door that evening (I'm in Cobh). Quality seems fine to me, but I can't claim to be an expert. Pork chops are fine big thick ones. I got (from this offer):

1lb mince
    1lb steak pieces
    6 x (enormous) meatballs
    6 x burgers (about 1/4 lb each I'd say)
    1 x 1.2kg chicken
    4 x decent sized chicken fillets
    4 x stuffed pork chops.

Delivered to the door for €25? Pretty damn good I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Using them every week ,freezer is full and their quality is excellent.

Advertisement