Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are mods exempt from rules when moderating?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

And again and again and again, what about the 3 posts in the OP? all be moderators, all what I would class as the same as my post?

Also, what about the poster in this thread that said I was being a dick, why have they not been infracted?

And thirdly, I was told to post here, since the DRP 'wasn't the place for it'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Tallon wrote: »
    And again and again and again, what about the 3 posts in the OP? all be moderators, all what I would class as the same as my post?
    And again (it has been stated before and I said I wasn't going to state it again) - - -
    All were moderation posts. As has been stated over and over on this thread.
    Also, what about the poster in this thread that said I was being a dick, why have they not been infracted?
    If that post was reported it will be dealt with by the Mod of this forum. Mod actions are not always visible and in many instances action is taken off line with the poster in question without broadcasting it to the community as a whole.
    And that seems like fair advice, however you seem to be ignoring all of the posts pretty much telling you that you are wrong on this. But that is what feedback is for - sometimes the mods are wrong, sometimes the posters and sometimes threads like this can be helpful in educating the general population on a change in how things operate here or even prompting a change itself.

In this case though - from just reading through the 5 or 6 pages this seems fairly cut and dried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Taltos wrote: »
    And again (it has been stated before and I said I wasn't going to state it again) - - -
    All were moderation posts. As has been stated over and over on this thread.

If that post was reported it will be dealt with by the Mod of this forum. Mod actions are not always visible and in many instances action is taken off line with the poster in question without broadcasting it to the community as a whole.

And that seems like fair advice, however you seem to be ignoring all of the posts pretty much telling you that you are wrong on this. But that is what feedback is for - sometimes the mods are wrong, sometimes the posters and sometimes threads like this can be helpful in educating the general population on a change in how things operate here or even prompting a change itself.

In this case though - from just reading through the 5 or 6 pages this seems fairly cut and dried.
    Could you show me where I ignored posts that said I was wrong? I'm pretty sure I replied to every single one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's like the rule for parents that says you don't tell your child she's a bold girl but that she's being bold.

Or a dick if you don't mind using salty language in front of the kids. Especially because kids are such dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

When I said ignored - I did not mean you did not respond to - maybe I should have said - did not / cannot accept.

Anyway - best of luck, am out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

What I actually said was:
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    Feedback would be the place for that discussion, but before you go down that road, think about what you're complaining about: moderators being allowed to post things (in the course of moderating a forum) that non-moderators are not.

Well, duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The Original question that this thread was based on, without any reference to a particular DRP or post was:

Are mods exempt from rules when moderating?

that has been quite clearly answered and explained.

closing this thread as it will either go around in circles. Tallon, may I suggest that if you see any future posts from mods , in the course of their modding role, use language that you see as abusive, that you report the post. A co-mod or cmod will pick it up and deal with it and make the judgement call on whether it is or is not outside the bounds of acceptable mod behaviour.

as for the user in this thread that described your actions as exemplifying dickish behaviour, its an opinion and its feedback on this thread. We get users calling mods all sorts of names in here and claiming all sorts of misbehaviour, we don't go around infracting people for giving feedback unless its just obvious trolling/stirring **** for the sake of it. That post is borderline given the obvious sensitivity of this thread and its closeness to you personally but ultimately it was on topic and a valid point, even if wrong. Another admin may disagree with me and infract/warn but I don't think its a valid action for this discussion so I wont be acting on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement