Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP, I need to get my contacts off my CPU

• 05-07-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,

Forgive me before I start as I don't know much about this subject.

My Iphone is Fooked to put it mildly but I'm looking to get my contacts for my CPU, but I can't open a file extension .syncdb

Did anyone have the same problem and/or how did you get it sorted?

Many thanks

Shane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't think it is clear what you are asking.

What do you mean by your CPU? And what do you mean by the file extension .syncdb?

What state is your phone in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Hi Tom,

Sorry for that, The phone wont turn on at the minute and does not register in ITunes....I have found a data.syncdb file on my computer(CPU). I'm looking to open this file.

I hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, I don't think you can just open that file without a phone connected. Have a look around the Apple support site for clues.

On that, have you left the phone charging for about an hour? Sometimes, if the battery goes very low, it will not respond until after a while charging.

Hi Tom,

I will charge the phone when I get home, just to check.

Thanks for input regarding this.

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Are your contacts not backed up in iCloud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

As Tallpaul says. Go to http://www.icloud.com and login with you iphone/itunes account. Your contacts should be there under the contacts/adress book icon.

Sh1t lads....that worked, I can see all the contacts.

Do I export Vcard now?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

Depends what you want to do. If you get another iphone, you just use your account and and the contacts will re-sync. I presume your on a windows PC. If so download and install the icloud control panel plugin.

This will explain all
    http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

MMM, thats sound all OK but i'm not getting an Iphone this time, sorry all you Iphone fans.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Looks like you can only export them one at a time as a vcard.

If you have Microsoft Outlook, it will load them there as contacts.

Your new phone will need to sync contacts with outlook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Rita1 wrote: »
    MMM, thats sound all OK but i'm not getting an Iphone this time, sorry all you Iphone fans.:P

That's ok. When your Samsung crashes you'll genuinely have lost all the contacts ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭scwazrh

If you're moving to android , go to your contacts in iCloud , highlight all contacts, right click to export vCard .Then go into gmail account , contacts ,import v cards and you will have all contacts then on your new phone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Zcott wrote: »
    That's ok. When your Samsung crashes you'll genuinely have lost all the contacts ;-)

Android devices have synced contacts with the cloud long before Apple has :P .

Nick

All sorted folks, thanks for the help....I had to input the Vcard one by one in my gmail account and the sync.

Cheers again, Shane

Advertisement