Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new me

Options
  • 05-07-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I'm a big lad (6'5" and 18 stone) and I'm looking to lose weight, gain strength and to generally become fitter.

I'm just going to use this to keep track. I'm training Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and I started one week ago. I have trained in the past, but it has probably been 5 or 6 years since I set foot in a gym.

At the moment I'm limiting myself to 2000 cal per day, and I'm trying to hit 200 or so grammes of protein per day (Target weight for me is about 15 stone or 210 pounds).

This was Wednesdays workout

Warm up : Stationary bike for 5 min @ 8.5 avg resistance

Seated Calf Raise
    15@30kg, 15@50kg, 15@60kg

Upright Barbell Row:
    8@20kg, 8@25kg, 8@30kg

Seated Cable Row
    10@25kg, 10@30kg, 10@40kg

Dips (Done leaning back of a bench with legs on the floor, arms are not stong enough to dip full BW yet)
    3 sets of 10 reps

Leg Press (This was supposed to be squat, but I was having difficulty with this, instructor suggested leg press to start building relevant muscle groups before switching)
    10@50kg, 10@70kg, 10@80kg

Scott Curl (I went too heavy with the second set here and could not get to 8, so I left the weight the same for the last one)
    8@25kg, 7@30kg, 7@30kg

Incline bench
    10@20kg, 8@40kg, 7@50kg

Biggest mistake I made was leaving the bench and the leg press till the end of my session, from talking to the gym owner after, he told me to always do large muscles and compound exercises (squat, bench, etc) first, they take more energy, so by leaving them for last you will probably be too tired to exercise them effectively.

Advertisement