Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero bike kit

Options
  • 05-07-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

It seems a fair few people invest in a decent TT bike, an aero helmet, and nice race wheels. Right now I've a nice roadbike with clip on tri bars. Had a quick go on someones TT bike recently and the position was very different (way more aggressive) than my roadbike with tribars. It's got me wondering if I should reconsider my cycling kit, so have a few questions for the kit geeks..

Is a two piece tri suit comparable to a one-piece suit, and how do they stack up against a cycling skinsuit? Are they comparable at all given the skinsuit is just for aero, while a trisuit has a few other design restrictions?

Do triathletes use shoe covers (I've never seen them do so)? Seems like it would be a waste of time in sprint/olympic races, but could give a cheap advantage in longer distance races?

Roadbike vs. TT bike - when did you make the change? Did it result in a noticeable improvement?

Pointy helmet on a roadbike - yay or nay?

Advertisement