Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre possibility of new cabinet location and existing cab question

• 05-07-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I am getting my line reconnected by eircom and my cabinet is 3kms from my house. (via road)

I am on the Rathcoole exchange and we are just over the border in kildare so 6.5-7kms by road distance from the exchange in rathcoole.

Is there a possibility that eircom will drop a new cabinet closer than the cabinet 3kms away for myself and others in the area connecting to the same cabinet for the eFibre roll out which is down for Oct-Dec this year?

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this happening in a similar situation?

Cheers GF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

I dont think you will in a short answer because i've been asking that question to so many people on the fourms and I got an answer saying that they are upgrading old dls cabinets and exchanges to vdsl but that is not true as I have seen several new fibre cabinets in the town ( Nenagh ) but they upgraded the wons that were dsl

Advertisement