Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics and Public Administration

Options
  • 05-07-2013 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey guys and girls! :) I've just done the Leaving Cert and I have the Politics and Public Administration course down on the CAO as my number 2 so it's pretty likely that I will get it. Panic bells have started ringing because I know of nobody who has done this course before and I have little research done on it! :confused: Does anyone know anything about the course or do any of you fellow UL hopefuls have it down on the CAO? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Hey! This course is my number three - but I don't think I managed to get the points for Law/Law+Accounting so I'm 90% certain this is where I'll end up, too. Any information would be appreciated here too! All the research I've done is the ul website and coursehub so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 G Bear

Hey guys,

Yeah I'm actually going into 3rd year of PPA, ye might have looked up more since ye posted....what kind of info are you looking for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Not trying to put anyone off or anything...one of my friends saw this and had it on FB a while back, and he does Public Admin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yep, be prepared to do a post grad or another course after it... But if you're unsure what to do in general, it's probably not bad to do it. But you will have to do something else after it

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Naggins

OP - I did it. A lot from my course have got great professional jobs from it especially in the insurance industry. Like most other degrees these days and particularly in the humanities; students doing post graduates is quite common anyway.

It's not really a walk in the park as it covers a number of disciplines but the course has been revamped making it much more accessible and a lot better choice of modules. After first year you will get a choice of Law and Sociology or Economics and Management. I did the former. Politics and Public Administration are core modules that you will do for the four years.

Any further questions, pm me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement