Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Online and Returns

Options
  • 05-07-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I know pixmania dont have a great reputation, but thats neither here nor there on this one.

My camera has become faulty, so I want to return it. When I go through the process online of entering my details etc, they tell me to contact Olympus directly and not to post anything to them etc. Is my contract not with Pixmania directly?

I dont know if I picked an extra warranty or if its added to all orders but here is what cost €7.44
    - In the event of a fault with your product, you will be 100% refunded!
    For one whole year, the Zen Engagement ensures that your product will be traded-in if a fault occurs. You will also be able to choose a replacement product from the thousands on PIXmania.com!

So should pixmania be covering my fault or Olympus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

You're contract is with Pixmania but it may be less hassle to deal with Olympus. Get in contact with Olympus and see what the turn around time is - if it's more than a couple of weeks, e-mail Pixmania and request they rectify the problem in an acceptable time-frame. If they refuse take them to the Small Claims Court.

Why did you buy the extra warranty thingy? They generally give you no more rights than you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks, thats who I thought my contract is with alright.
    I didnt mean to buy it, wasnt on the ball that day, would never buy anything extra like that!!

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you bought the Zen agreement, I'd insist on going through pixmania.

Advertisement