Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce fx5200 or radeon 9200se?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

hey guys

which has more horsepower :)

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

hey guys

which has more horsepower :)

thanks

If you have any interest in gaming, both are rubbish and won't play any modern games (well maybe Angry Birds being an exception!). Does your motherboard not have a PCIe port (I take it these are just PCI cards?). If so your best off forgetting that machine for gaming, the ATI card I think may have slightly better performance.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

no
    im not interested in gaming:)

they're agp cards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Used to have an FX5200. Did me fine at the time. But they really are nothing compaired to what's made today. What are you expecting out of it?

S'pose AGPs are hard to come by now anyway...

nothing much

i have 2 old pcs

the one with the radeon is very laggy on youtube

the one with the geforce is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What do you want it for?

• Advertisement

youtube

I don't think its the graphics card, its more likely the rest of the machine, the CPU most likely.

Whats the spec of the machines? What OS and what browser. Try running Speccy on both to see what the hardware is.

When running the youtube video look at task manager and see how much of the cpu is being used and memory etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Definitely the CPU, as the Radeon 9200 does not support Flash hardware acceleration (neither does the FX5200, btw), which only affects Flash-based H.264 encoding, IIRC.

You'd pick up a early dual core desktop which would be much better for this kinda thing. I assume an AGP machine is a single core processor. Though I have AGP Dual Xeon machine at work. Its pretty slow compared to a basic dual core machine though.

TBH a cheap mobile might have more horsepower than your old AGP PC.

Advertisement