Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 5 equiv in UK for Nursing?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title reads, I am looking to do a pre Nursing course in the UK. But have NO IDEA where to start. I had applied for nursing through CAO as a mature student but didn't get my course. I had 558 points. Gutted :(:(:(

So now its time to get serious and go into auto pilot. I applied to GTI for the Pre Nursing course, but I want to keep my options open in case that falls through.

Are there are courses of similar in the UK? And is it too late to apply to them?

Or are there any private colleges in the UK that teach Nursing that its not too late to apply for? Money being no object here as I am so eager to become a nurse.

Absolutely gutted that I didnt get my CAO course. Could not be more disappointed as I now feel time is running out for me to do what I really want to do.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Fend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

A NVQ level 3 course roughly equates to a level 5 FETAC course. But if you are going to the UK would you not think about doing your nursing training there?

The University of West London has an intake to their adult nursing degrees in September and January and as far as I know Irish students can get a fee bursary to cover the cost of the course fees from the NHS. If you are on a social welfare payment you might be eligible for BTEA to study in the UK.

http://www.uwl.ac.uk/course/nursing-adult-4/33714

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Some UK colleges do an 'Access to Nursing'....

But I wouldnt give up on an offer of nursing here in Ireland just yet.... Many people end up turning down their offers and others get better offers in subsequent offer rounds... 558 is a good score, where did you apply to?

Advertisement