Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 European Championship

• 05-07-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Surprised there is no thread on this yet. There was top action in Muelheim Germany last night, Jamie Cavens win particulary eye-catching beating Dave Chisnall 6-0 with a three dart average of 106.9. The match of the night was Simon Whitlock's hard fought 6-4 win over Kim Huybrechts with the Wizard pulling out some ton plus finishes when needed to pull through. It was a bit disappointing to see such a low turnout in Muelheim hopefully there will be more people there tonight

Who does everyone think will win, will it be another Taylor Van Gerwen showdown or will someone else break through the pack to make a bid for the title?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Klassans game was good tonight.
    Who the fudge is the blonde one?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Klassans game was good tonight.
    Who the fudge is the blonde one?

Blonde one? That's the darts walk on girls, walk with the players as they make their entrance, part v painter now now should be a close match think painter will do enough to win this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

jonnygiles wrote: »
    Blonde one? That's the darts walk on girls, walk with the players as they make their entrance, part v painter now now should be a close match think painter will do enough to win this

Yea, i know shes a walk on girl:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Taylor gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Are Itv not showing M.V.G game?

• Advertisement

Only showing evening sessions.

Live on pdc.tv for subscribers is the only way to see it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

is the darts on tv this evening guys, like itv4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Try nirsportz.eu and you'll be sorted 4 the darts coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Some darts thrown there by both players. MvG's missed doubles costing him. Lewis was clinical with his checking out.

Well deserved win for Lewis. Good to see him back in form, I know it's not for some but I like to see him do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Good win for Lewis, great to see him back on top form, had a brilliant tournament, hopefully he can carry it on to the next one, his finishing tonight was superb.... Taking out a 160 to beat MVG was pure class.

Delighted for Lewis.

Hard to believe this is his only tv tournament win bar his two world titles with the talent hes got.

Hopefully he can stay this consistent and plays as well in the matchplay in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

mdwexford wrote: »
    Only showing evening sessions.

Live on pdc.tv for subscribers is the only way to see it I think.

It was even blacked out on the website if you were in Ireland/UK or Holland!
    I had a subscription that I cancelled as they told me after I subscribed that they only had the rights to show one event per year on the website in this location!

mdwexford wrote: »
    Delighted for Lewis.

Hard to believe this is his only tv tournament win bar his two world titles with the talent hes got.

Hopefully he can stay this consistent and plays as well in the matchplay in a couple of weeks.

As he would say himself, don't forget about the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Had no great expectations heading into it but this was possibly the finest tournament in darts I have watched for a long time.Up there with the lakeside from 1999-2001 and the 2010 GSOD.

Caven playing the best darts of his life only to lose in the 2nd or 3rd biggest collapse in darts history.
    Ronny Huybrechts beating taylor and thornton (2 of the hardest competitors in the game) and throwing well against whitlock in the q-f.
    Thornton and RVBs excellent game saturday night.
    I missed the MVG-Klaasen game due to the munster football final but heard it was a cracker.
    The lewis-mvg game was jaw dropping in terms of speed and quality.In Lewis' case completely unexpected after his woeful form lately.
    Another brilliant display in the final against whitlock.

To make it better we didnt have to endure the swarmy sky coverage with the exception of the awful stuart pyke.No taylor love in,best 32 ever,big numbers dave,you have to hit 100 average to win,playing beautifuly etc etc.

ITV's understated coverage is light years ahead of Sky.Very good analysis,good host in matt smith and a very good commentator in john rawling.What a shame they dont have many more majors.

All in all a most enjoyable few days of darts.

Say what you want about Sky's coverage but at least you would have seen all the quarter finals...

Only got around to watching the M.V.G vs Klaasen, reallly was no love lost there!!
    No knuckles/hand shake at the start of the game and even tho Jelle clapped for Van Gervan at the end, M.V.G wasn't interested.
    Wonder has it something to do with, what's being going on with Jelle Klaasen (the reasons he hasn't been playing darts) and M.V.G. doesn't think he should be playing up on the big stage??...

Link to the match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerCSppnbfk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭celt262

Gotya wrote: »
    Only got around to watching the M.V.G vs Klaasen, reallly was no love lost there!!
    No knuckles/hand shake at the start of the game and even tho Jelle clapped for Van Gervan at the end, M.V.G wasn't interested.
    Wonder has it something to do with, what's being going on with Jelle Klaasen (the reasons he hasn't been playing darts) and M.V.G. doesn't think he should be playing up on the big stage??...

Link to the match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerCSppnbfk

http://www.pdc-darts.co.uk/index.php/jelle-klaasen-receives-fine-and-community-service/

The girl is supposed to be MVG's sister.

celt262 wrote: »

Where did you get that from?

Advertisement