Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brittas Bay Car Park and Beach questions

• 05-07-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭

1. What time is the Brittas Bay Car park likely to fill up tomorrow, a sunny Saturday?
    2. How much does it cost for the day?
    3. If it's full, can you still park along the road?
    4. Which part of the beach is best, near/north/south of car park?
    5. Any currents/shelving to watch out for?
    6. Will there be many drunk scrotes?
    Ta.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

A bit late now (monday night) but I think it costs 4 euros for the day, its an automatic barrier and needs exact change (coins). This is for both car parks. Opens at 9am. Judging by the traffic gridlock I witnessed there on a hot sunny sunday in June last i'd be aiming to get there no later then 10am on a hot sunny weekend day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks Dogmatix, I should post some answers to my post in case someone else is asking in the future

1. What time is the Brittas Bay Car park likely to fill up tomorrow, a sunny Saturday?
      We were at the south car park at 11am and there were around 70 spaces still available but a queue waiting to get in so it was probably full half an hour later
    2. How much does it cost for the day? €4
    3. If it's full, can you still park along the road? Don't know
    4. Which part of the beach is best, near/north/south of car park? Beach at south car park was lovely, fine, soft clean sand
    5. Any currents/shelving to watch out for? We saw some signs for dangerous currents and the beach became stony and shelved about 10m out from shore. Suitable for small children or swimmers IMO.
    6. Will there be many drunk scrotes? We saw none. There were a lot of families, but also younger groups, some drinking, some barbecuing, some both, none problematic. Garda biker visible in the car park.

Advertisement