Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] TriAthlone 06/07/2013

Options
  • 05-07-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find a thread on this event so...

The Sprint distance National Championship. Plenty of the top triathletes in the country going head to head again... well in spirit at least as the waves have been done by order of entry so who knows who's actually racing against each other...

Weather forecast is excellent. A proper swim this year in the Shannon - both up and down stream, a flat cycle course and a windy run course with a couple of nasty short inclines. Cycle and Run on closed roads which is always a plus.

Who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Who's in?
    Me :)
    Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Me too.. Super sprint though.
    It's going to be a scorcher.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

ugh some Noble fella is in my wave........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ugh some Noble fella is in my wave........

You'll be alright, he has a pretty face. :)

You'll be alright, he has a pretty face. :)

I'll only see his ar$e as a spot in the distance !

• Advertisement

I'll only see his ar$e as a spot in the distance !

Out and back cycle isn't it? You'll see him then.

Good luck guys and girls. Was going to do olympic here, raging its not on. Enjoyed this race last year.

Anyone heading over on Sunday to watch the elite race?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Good luck every racing tomorrow. Athlone in fairness is great for the support and atmosphere on the swim and run.

I might go see the Junior elites on Sunday. It would be great see Con D in action. What time is it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

Well, who are the 2013 national sprint champions? Any sign of results?

Well, who are the 2013 national sprint champions? Any sign of results?

Gav Noble and Katie Cooke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Took a wrong turn and tumbled off the bike at the dismount line.....but at least it beats last year's DNF:P some very strong competition in the women's field this season.

A few points from Saturday

All in all a good day BUT Athlone need to look at a few things.

1. Information when people arrive - Signs are all well and good but you need someone at the front of the registration to give out info and no signs to where transition was.

2. More speakers in transition with information being given out - 500m long transition with two speakers in it and no one giving out information apart from one guy walking up and down the 500m.

3. Picking your t shirt size when you sign up - only med and small left when i got there, no facility to pick your size online in advacne.

5. Proper run distance for a national champ sprint - 500m short, with all the turn around all they had to do was move cones by 30m or so to make it right with all the laps.

Oh and bad luck to couerdelion who's run took 3:44:00:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Oh and bad luck to couerdelion who's run took 3:44:00:D

There seems to be a few timing issues still to be sorted - there's around 10 people at the bottom with 2hr plus runs. There's also a few people with runs around the 10 minute mark which I would guess means they didn't do enough laps.

There seems to be a few timing issues still to be sorted - there's around 10 people at the bottom with 2hr plus runs. There's also a few people with runs around the 10 minute mark which I would guess means they didn't do enough laps.

Ya i noticed that alright, as i said..........organisation !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 isobelrose

Hi- I have finally joined up after following for ages. I did the triathlone and I just wanted to agree with Elvis. I did Athy as my first ever outdoor triathlon this year, having started with the trilaois in April, and I learned so much from the briefings in both they were excellent. I know Elvis you were on the mic all day in Athy and Portlaois and were great,you cracked a few jokes which added to the atmosphere- the girl in Athlone wasn't too entertaining in my opinion.

My main complaint was I could not hear the briefing in athlone, I had a nightmare getting to the start point for my wave - I think lots of people had to scale over the barrier to get in, which I wasn't going to attempt. I found it a bit chaotic at the start. I am from Athlone so I know the routes but if I wasn't I would have found it all a bit daunting and to be honest if it had been my first tri I would have been really unsettled/scared going into the water given the lack of information. The website was very poor as well in the run up to the event.
    I knew by my run time that the run had to have been a bit too short,
    The weather was great and the water felt refreshing in the heat so it was a great experience. Transition was well set up and easy to navigate.
    I will be back next year all going well.

Advertisement