Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re : How to manage bottles on holiday

Options
  • 05-07-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I hope that I can get some advice on this issue as we are first time parents. We plan to take a few days holidays in Ireland in later in the year maybe a hotel. How have people manage with sterilizing bottles, making the bottles and keeping them cool if they stayed in a hotel?
    Our baby will be 4 to 5 months old when we plan to do this.
    Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we use the premade cartons when travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

you can get pre-made cartons in any supermarket and in a brand of formula that you use.

You can also get sterilizing bags if there will be a microwave or Milton tablets and just ask at the bar for a big bucket (5lt) and put everything in that. That is what we did when abroad and just rinsed the bottles in boiled water afterwards (that was just us because we wanted to be extra sure).

You can also get disposable bottles in Boots - they are expensive but are one use only and might be good if it is a long road trip

Enjoy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

If your using SMA they do a premade bottle 250ml and ready to use teats. The teats come in a pack of 2 for 1.80 in Tesco and the bottles are .99c
    Depending on how many bottles your LO is drinking and how much they are drinking each time this can be very handy as no need for sterilising or worrying about keeping them in a fridge or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pee Bee

I bought ready made cartons for the plane and then used powder and boiled water at the destination. I bought a Milton travel solo steriliser, was so easy and it only took 2 minutes in the microwave. Bought a box of formula at home because it was much more expensive abroad. Was so worried but it was honestly so easy. Have enough cartons for the return journey too as they are not available outside ireland and the uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We are going away to Spain and are planning on bring a box of formula with us and making the bottles over there.

My questions is about the water. Will the tap water be ok once boiled or will we be ok to just boil the bottles water.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

kitten_k wrote: »
    We are going away to Spain and are planning on bring a box of formula with us and making the bottles over there.

My questions is about the water. Will the tap water be ok once boiled or will we be ok to just boil the bottles water.

Kitten_k, I wouldn't use the tap water here. There is a brand of water here called Bezoya that is suitable for babies. I habe been using it for A pretty much since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks xdancer!! With my memory I will probably be asking you about it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Thanks for your reply’s you have certainly give us some options so thanks for that :P

Advertisement