Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noctua c12p-se14 -> corsair H100, worth it?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

I've a Q6600 G0 with temperatures hitting 70 Celsius sometimes, and using this cooler at the moment. Is it worth for me to change it to Corsair H100, has anyone any experience with this cooler?
    I've found this review which shows ~20 degrees difference, I know it's a lot, but remember when I was buying the noctua it was the best aftermarket cooler, is the difference really THAT big between the H100?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The h100 may be a little better at cooling but only if you turn the fans to max and it will be crazy loud.
    70 degrees is a very good max cou temp you have nothing to gain by gettingthe h100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Not worth upgrading it at all. Plus, your CPU is safe until over 85 degrees (it will start throttling at 100 IIRC). Have you overclocked it? Your temps are fine.

The cooler, although refurbished, is probably worth the same as the CPU itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Well, sooner or later I will be upgrading so the H100 will stay with me. And yes, it is overclocked to 3.4 at the moment, but every time the temperature goes over 70 Celsius it's becoming unstable (i.e. random freezes during playing BF3). Under 70C everything is nice and dandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What case are you using and how many fans does it have. Good case airflow can have a big effect on cpu and gpu temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

When was the last time you gave it a good cleaning ? A repast could do wonders for your temps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

BloodBath wrote: »
    What case are you using and how many fans does it have. Good case airflow can have a big effect on cpu and gpu temps.
    beno619 wrote: »
    When was the last time you gave it a good cleaning ? A repast could do wonders for your temps

Akasa Mirage and I clean it on regular basis

Advertisement