Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGR tank, maintenance?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I got my first AGR today and I am loving it so far. Now the tank itself it only made of plastic I noticed so what's the best way to clean it? Don't want to use anything too caustic. Also the O Rings, from browsing and watching Pbusardo reviews I know that they can be worn down when putting in the carto, Pbusardo recommends a slap your mama tool, lol, but I haven't been able to find any UK or Ireland vendors that stock them, what's the best way to make sure that this doesn't happen. Cheers.

Just wanted to say that as a newbie this sub forum has been invaluable, I probably would have given up long ago if not for the help that I have gotten here so thanks a lot peeps. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

One of the tanks on mine took 3 months to break down,its to be expected.Although they're not a disposable item they'll still have to be changed down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

One of the tanks on mine took 3 months to break down,its to be expected.Although they're not a disposable item they'll still have to be changed down the road.

That's fair enough, I know it's not gonna last years. Any tips for cleaning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Just water and a bit of tissue really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

I just wash both tank and caps in warm water with a bit of fairy liquid. Rinse and leave to dry.

FYI a straight drip tip can be used instead of those tools to protect the orings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

The dct tank filler tool on TBS site is "sort of" similar to the slap yo momma tool.. and a lot faster to fill carto tanks, sans flooding, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have an agr tank, first tank vaped great, next two or 3 vape great for a little while and then flooding, I do fill with the screw out to allow for the release of air pressure.

My question I guess is are there any tanks out there that don't have flooding issues, as when its going right, it's so far ahead of clearo's imo, and I'm too heavy of a vaper to use cartos on there own

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

bambi1981 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have an agr tank, first tank vaped great, next two or 3 vape great for a little while and then flooding, I do fill with the screw out to allow for the release of air pressure.

My question I guess is are there any tanks out there that don't have flooding issues, as when its going right, it's so far ahead of clearo's imo, and I'm too heavy of a vaper to use cartos on there own

The majority of carto tanks don't flood unless they're **** or have been filled incorrectly.It can take time to get to know what works for a particular tank.

When filling the AGR I simply remove screw-remove top cap-fill:D-replace top cap slowly(you may notice some juice escaping due to the air pressure)-replace screw and that's it.Havent had a carto flood since I've used this technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I find after about three tanks full of juice through a carto the carto just needs replacing. I've found if you keep using the same carto it can get gurgly after a while. Perhaps the inner tube is slowly breaking down, I dunno. Not to mention the decrease in flavour and vapour.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I find after about three tanks full of juice through a carto the carto just needs replacing. I've found if you keep using the same carto it can get gurgly after a while. Perhaps the inner tube is slowly breaking down, I dunno. Not to mention the decrease in flavour and vapour.

The best juice I've found for tanks is Cigarrillos.As long as I have a decent Boge...(just shat my trunks from laughing so hard :( )ahem! As long as I have a decent Boge in the tank,I can easily get a week without any significant change to flavour.Its a fookin legend of a juice if you ask me.

Finding it hard to find a juice that works as well in a tank setup and tastes as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thanks for all the replies guys, definitely loving the tank so far. So hopefully it will continue to be issue free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Just a word of warning - as Ionised posed "Warm" water - don't use boiling (tempting if you have been using string juice).

I made that mistake on some ce6's ages ago and they clouded up in a matter a week.

Also its more down to the type of liquid you use, some of the strong ones (e.g. cinnamon, aniseed or really strong menthol) can break down a tank in days.

Advertisement