Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Tony or The Lost & Damned

• 05-07-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Going to download one of these on PS3 to keep me going until September, which would you recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I took to TBOGT faster because it's downright crazy but I'm not sure if it matches the grittiness of TLAD, I didn't have to choose because I got the 2 of them on disk which is what I recommend tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I took to TBOGT faster because it's downright crazy but I'm not sure if it matches the grittiness of TLAD, I didn't have to choose because I got the 2 of them on disk which is what I recommend tbh

I preferred TLAD out of the two mostly because of the story, setting, characters and stuff, but if you're only going to download one, I'd recommend TBOGT. More replay value as it grades you on your missions and gives you mini-objectives, and more to do in it with parachuting and more races and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I prefer the TLAD setting, especially as a Sons of Anarchy fan but like GTA 4, eventually turned into a chore to complete. I didn't have much interest in TBOGT setting but it definitely had more fun gameplay and easier access to luxury/fast vehicles. Go with TBOGT I wreckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I preferred TBOGT by a country mile, loved the setting, loved the vibe. Plus I just adore the inner city gang type story (loved the Playboy X and Dwayne missions for the same reason).

TLAD was great too, don't get me wrong, but definitely more replay value in TBOGT for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TLAD and it isn't even close. It's the best story, best characters and the only real chore is bike racing.

TBOGT has a weak story and a poor lead character, along with a LOT of pointless extras like base jumping.

I'd play TBOGT once, maybe twice. TLAD I'd do over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

TBOGT is a definite better game, better story and sort of like what VC was like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    TBOGT is a definite better game, better story and sort of like what VC was like.

The only similarity I can see is the very weak night club link. Otherwise it is nowhere close to VC.

For me it's between Niko and TBOGT for the worst storyline of the whole series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

TBOGT by a mile. Never liked the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

TBOGT here as well, about to start playing it again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ballad of Gay Tony will be more mindless fun and has much more replayability but if its story you want then you'll want the Lost an Damned.

I say that to tie you over go TBOGT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ballad of Gay Tony will be more mindless fun and has much more replayability but if its story you want then you'll want the Lost an Damned.

I say that to tie you over go TBOGT.

Yeah I'd agree with that. TBOGT is more fun than a real story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Bargain

Advertisement