Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skerries Races---15 euro to see them pracitce.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

kevin-46 wrote: »
    ye its a joke was up there friday i was only goin up for an hour or so and i watched families walking away like €70 to bring the family out for a hour or 2 cause the kids will want to go after a while €15 for 2days like its should be free and make a donation like €5-10 ... €15 is a joke watch loads off bike turn away its killing the sport

Children were free. Adult fee was €15 for two days of motorcycle racing action.

Can I ask you, giving an example of €50 for seventy minutes of GAA football action but you only wanted to see the first half and go do something else instead. What do you think the admission folk on the turnstyles would say if you offered them €25 for 35 minutes of football? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Well after all your whinging about the cost of paying in, you ended up getting in for free, I'd like to think you bought a programme to show some support ;)

Eh,no one was whinging......if you would actually read the thread and read the replies from several people who said the same thing.;)

There was no one around to buy a programme from when we were there today.No one on the entrance gate at all.

Had a look around the paddock area and chatted to the Blood Bike chap for a bit.I gave some money to the Blood Bike cause and a cancer charity too..

Came home about 5:30pm....with a nice suntan too.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Eh,no one was whinging......if you would actually read the thread and read the replies from several people who said the same thing.;)

I did read the thread and I directed my answer at your whinging, which is quiet prevalent in the amount of times you whinged about the cost of admission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Children were free. Adult fee was €15 for two days of motorcycle racing action.

Can I ask you, giving an example of €50 for seventy minutes of GAA football action but you only wanted to see the first half and go do something else instead. What do you think the admission folk on the turnstyles would say if you offered them €25 for 35 minutes of football? :rolleyes:

dont like football think its ****e bikes and cars all the way
    yes €15 for two days i was only goin for and hour or so

I did read the thread and I directed my answer at your whinging, which is quiet prevalent in the amount of times you whinged about the cost of admission.

You really should go back and read my opening post and then the thread in its entirety

Based on what my friend had told me was happening up there on Friday afternoon ......I asked a question regarding the Friday and practise.
    A good few people (up at Skerries and here on this forum) said that 15 euro in for the Friday/Practice was just too dear.

You might also like to read my post where I posted a suggestion about giving the punters an option of paying a lower fee in just for the Friday and practice.......(not everyone can make both Friday and Saturday too).

Thanks and Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

When did they start charging. Went there years ago when I first got into bikes. Went down on the practice day and wasn't charged anything. Never made it down for the actual race. I took a spill on the way home. That was over 10 years ago so I guess, things change.

You really should go back and read my opening post and then my other posts.

Based on what my friend had told me was happening up there on Friday afternoon ......I asked a question regarding the Friday and practise.

A good few people (up at Skerries and here on this forum) said that 15 euro in for the Friday was just too dear.

You might also like to read my post where I posted a suggestion about giving the punters an option of paying a lower fee in just for the Friday and practice.......(not everyone can make both Friday and Saturday too).

Read the thread and posts again please.

Thanks and Regards.

Again, I have read through the thread and the posts and yes you do whinge about the cost, you also whinge about your 'friends' feeling on the cost!

Again, you pay for the event, not a part of the event, please see my easily understood example;)

Again, I have read through the thread and the posts and yes you do whinge about the cost, you also whinge about your 'friends' feeling on the cost!

Again, you pay for the event, not a part of the event, please see my easily understood example;)

Friend...plus many other bikers who were there.
    Families who brought the kids up for a bit to see the bikes on Friday.

Also forum members here who have said that 15 euro for the Friday was/is too dear.

My mate and the group of bikers he joined up with all said that had it been 5-6 euro in,then yeah they would have paid in on the Friday...but not 15 euro.
    Alot of people turned back at the gates and went off elsewhere,as they wouldnt pay the 15 euro in on Friday afternoon for an hour to see the practice.

Maybe something for LMMC and Fingal County Council to address for Kilalane later on this year and for next years Skerries races too.

Give punters a ticket option.....Friday only (lower fee) or combined Friday/Saturday ticket (higher fee).

Regards.

kevin-46 wrote: »
    dont like football think its ****e bikes and cars all the way
    yes €15 for two days i was only goin for and hour or so

Ah you don't like football, bless. Maybe change my example for something you do like then like the comparison :rolleyes:

When did they start charging. Went there years ago when I first got into bikes. Went down on the practice day and wasn't charged anything. Never made it down for the actual race. I took a spill on the way home. That was over 10 years ago so I guess, things change.

A chap up there told us that they started charging in on Friday 2 years ago.

• Advertisement

they wouldnt pay the 15 euro in on Friday afternoon for an hour to see the practice.

Practice ran from 4pm to after 9pm, that's five hours of practice, not "an hour" ;)

Practice ran from 4pm to after 9pm, that's five hours of practice, not "an hour" ;)

Yep,people who leave work to go up for a quick look on late Friday afternoon,and also just happen to have a social life and a family life too.

Families who pop up for a bit with the kids for an hour or so.

To get in and see some practice on a Friday should not be charged the same rate as actual full race day.....(see ticket option posted on previous page and also above)

LMCC,Fingal Council and the immediate local business community will only lose spectators,interest,business and money due to the amount of people not willing to pay 15 bob in on Friday,and instead walking back to ther bikes or cars and going off elsewhere.

Anyway Im off to bed.

F1 race live from Germany and a nice cold botle of Peroni for me later on today at 1pm...:D

Yep,people who leave work to go up for a quick look on late Friday afternoon,and also just happen to have a social life and a family life too.

Families who pop up for a bit with the kids for an hour or so.

To get in and see some practice on a Friday should not be charged the same rate as actual full race day.....(see ticket option posted above)

LMCC,Fingal Council and the immediate local business community will only lose spectators,interest,business and money due to the amount of people not willing to pay 15 bob in on Friday,and instead walking back to ther bikes or cars and going off elsewhere.

I finished work at 10pm one night a couple of weeks ago and decided to call by the O2 in Dublin as The Who were playing. I offered the ticket office €20 because I was only there to catch an hour of music, due to work of course as I couldn't get away any earlier, but the answer was no.
    I told them that the local business' were going to lose out because me, and my 'friend' were boycotting the event and not paying in and instead we were walking back (actually they have a lift there) to our cars.

I told them because of my work hours that I should not be expected to pay the same full price as everyone else for the full event, but they still said no.

After convincing them that I do have a social life (I was out that night) and I do have a family ( I showed the family photo, including the kids) but they reiterated that I must pay for the full event and not pay by the hour ;)

I finished work at 10pm one night a couple of weeks ago and decided to call by the O2 in Dublin as The Who were playing. I offered the ticket office €20 because I was only there to catch an hour of music, due to work of course as I couldn't get away any earlier, but the answer was no.
    I told them that the local business' were going to lose out because me, and my 'friend' were boycotting the event and not paying in and instead we were walking back (actually they have a lift there) to our cars.

I told them because of my work hours that I should not be expected to pay the same full price as everyone else for the full event, but they still said no.

After convincing them that I do have a social life (I was out that night) and I do have a family ( I showed the family photo, including the kids) but they reiterated that I must pay for the full event and not pay by the hour ;)

You really dont get it do you??

You seem to be of the opinion that you are right and no one else can voice an opinion or have the right to even mention the cost of admission on Friday for practice.If they do then you are going on at them for opening their mouths on the matter.

Look at the real world and look at how many people pop up to Skerries on a Friday for an hour or so after work.
    Then look at those people who wouldnt pay 15 euro in for that hour or so,,as they felt it was just too dear.
    A few members here have also said that 15 euro for the Friday/Practice is too dear.

In the real world and with regards the sport itself and immediate local economy thats losing peoples custom,the sport is losing spectators and interest in the sport too.

5 euro in for Friday afternoon only
    15 euro for combined Friday/Saturday entrance.

I think that would be reasonable and accceptable to people......it certainly would be acceptable to me.

You really dont get it do you??

You seem to be of the opinion that you are right and no one else can voice and opinion or have the right to even mention the cost of admission on Friday for practice.If they do then you are jumping going on at them for opening their mouths on the matter.

Look at the real world and look at how many people pop up to Skerries on a Friday for an hour or so after work.

Then look at those people who wouldnt pay 15 euro in for that hour or so,,as they felt it was just too dear.

In the real world and immediate local economy thats losing peoples custom,the sport is losing spectators and interest in the sport too.

5 euro in for Friday afternoon only

15 euro for combined Friday/Saturday entrance.

I think that would be reasonable and accceptable to people......it certainly would be acceptable to me.

Bless, you found the 'Edit' button and totally edited your last reply, convenient. I really should remember to "Quote" ;)

Bless, you found the 'Edit' button and totally edited your last reply, convenient. I really should remember to "Quote" ;)

Yep,maybe you could quote entire posts in future and not just parts of them to suit yourself.;)

Good nite bang bang.

PS-If you have any pics that you took of yesterdays Sklerries Races,then please do post them here.

Regards.

Yep,maybe you could quote entire posts in future and not just parts of them to suit yourself.;)

Good nite bang bang.

PS-If you have any pics that you took of yesterdays Sklerries Races,then please do post them here.

Regards.

Quoting the relevant sections of a post is 'usually' acceptable but without a complete edit;)

Good night Paddy147, I hope you at least bought a programme:D

Quoting the relevant sections of a post is 'usually' acceptable but without a complete edit;)

Good night Paddy147, I hope you at least bought a programme:D

The edit was to correct some spelling,create some paragraphs and also add in the fact the members here had said that 15 euro in the Friday was too dear.

Maybe you might like to compare both posts (pre edit and post edit) before you try to be so smart......because trying to be smart doesnt suit you.

I would have bought 1 if there had been people there on the entrance gate to take my money and actually sell me one.:pac:

Instead I gave my money to Blood Bike East and also a cancer charity donation box....(Davy Morgans bike paddock area).

2 worthy causes...:)

Nite nite bang bang.

The edit was to correct some spelling,create some paragraphs and also add in the fact the members here had said that 15 euro in the Friday was too dear.

Maybe you might like to compare both posts (pre edit and post edit) before you try to be so smart......because trying to be smart doesnt suit you.

Oh please don't be dishonest on my behalf, you edited a one line somewhat 'snotty' reply into a total regenerated reply to include "some paragraphs..."

• Advertisement

Oh please don't be dishonest on my behalf, you edited a one line somewhat 'snotty' reply into a total regenerated reply to include "some paragraphs..."

You should read alot of your own posts to members here 1st...then you will see what "snotty" is.

So did you take any pics of the Skerries Races yesterday?

You know that pics are wellcome on this thread.

Please do post them here.

Thanks bang bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

If you email the raceing peeps about your idea they are usually very good at listening to good feed backmlike €5 for fri only and €15 for both days .

The costs are riseing and the last thing they want is to see people walking away with potential cash .

If it was €5 in then you might buy a hot dog and a drink which supports the event more so all help is needed

If you email the raceing peeps about your idea they are usually very good at listening to good feed backmlike €5 for fri only and €15 for both days .

The costs are riseing and the last thing they want is to see people walking away with potential cash .

If it was €5 in then you might buy a hot dog and a drink which supports the event more so all help is needed

+1...:)

Did you contact the race orginisers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Did you contact the race orginisers ?
    99% they are reading it or they did already

Generally its only when they are contacted through their site or mail system they take real notice . If they read it here good stuff , but if sombody has a genuine concern or idea they should take the time to do it through the right channels so they are heard .

Like wise if people are going up in the afternoon and gaining entry for free its also lost revenue

I only say this cause i enjoy the race series and would like to see them gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

unfortunatley when the gentleman that was burnt a couple of years gets his day in court i fear for the future of the skerries and other road racers here in ireland. kinda makes your two bickering about the 15 euro irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Paddy sometimes I'd swear to God you must have a hole in your head, you really would argue that black is white wouldn't you.

The thread title is misleading, and you damn well know it but you'll still dig in your heels and swing your handbag for the row.

The only part of your whole contribution to this thread which makes any sense is the suggestion that a charge of five Euro for Friday practice only and fifteen Euro for both days should apply, no one but you yourself could argue with that.

Nodster ~ Pity about the DD's rally but they ran across the same issues as The Fatlads MCC on the same site summer. But I still went out both nights after The Gypsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.B Photography

Leaving for the isle of man on wednesday :D, can't wait !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

leave paddy alone--> lol. i love to read his articles and constructive comments, its entertaining, paddy keep it coming nobody can stop ya... :)

Advertisement