Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting to hear from claim/disputes dept for near month !! Charged 188 before being

Options
  • 05-07-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

-I moved out of Celbridge in March.
    -In February I contacted Eircom, they told me to send a mail to customer care with details asking to close the account.
    -This was done.
    -Left the house.
    -Get a call 3 months later-  you are liable for bills/payments
    -I called up customer care, explained situation..asked them to close account again, tried to fob me off to some other dept.
    -Jun 12th, I was told they put in a message to the complaints/disputes department and I would be called back to resolve  cancellation and any outstanding fees.
    -July 1st - Eircom takes out 188 euro from my current account 

As of 5th July - I still have not received a call from the complaints dept, you charged me already, you STILL have no cancelled the account, and I am most likely expected to pay a cancellation fee and this months bill for a house I don't live in ....EVEN THOUGH I MAILED YOU AS PER REQUEST IN FEBRUARY asking to close this account before I left the house !!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Comreg every time for these sort of issues, they might ask to you register a formal complaint with eircom before they look at it but fire in a detailed account of what happened to consumerline@comreg.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thanks for the reply, I've sent off a mail to Comreg detailing everything, containing mails etc,  and Eircom's unwillingness to close an account I've not used for a house I've not lived in for 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi SeantheMan,

Sorry to hear of all the issues you are having however the best advice I can offer here is to contact our complaints department for an update, I'm afraid we don't deal with formal/comreg complaints through this channel. The complaints department will checked the complaint logged and give you an updates on this.

Sorry I can't help you any further from here.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement