Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend pubs and diners in clonakility

Options
  • 05-07-2013 7:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone recommend a few places for an enjoyable night, pubs and food, in Clonakility.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Food: Richys in town or for higher end Deasys in Ring. Mio's is also good. Pubs: DeBarras, Scannels, Shanleys, Courtyard are all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Restaurant
    Agree with Dermot. Think Deasy's best restaurant though it does concentrate on fish. There will be a chicken and steak dish on the menu too. Richys and the malthouse would be next on my list of best restaurants. An sugain is very popular but Ive never really understood why.
    Less fancy options would include O'Donovans hotel and the Imperial. If youre bringing kids then these will be reasonable. If very hungry the volume of food the imperial give you is hard to believe.
    Outside of town Sunday lunch is good in Fern Hill and Dunmore House is good too. Dunmore on a fine day is hard to beat for its views of inchadoney. Inchadoney is nice too but far more expensive without being actually better then other options.

Cafes
    Gearodinis, Harts cafe and Betty Brosnans are all very good. The lettercollum is excellent for take away treats. Theres another called the leaf and bean but Ive only eat there once - seemed fine though.

Pubs
    The courtyard bar have everything from Pints to light bights to full meals. Excellent for watching matches. Meals are fine but not of standard as youre Deasys or Richys etc. I do like the curry. Good Breakfasts.

Scannells Probably Clons most popular pub. Do a limited amount of food too during the day. Very large outdoor covered smoking area out the back.

Shannleys Older crowd but nice pub. Live bands most nights

DeBarras Famous live music venue. Food during day - i like the chicken tenders. Some decent bands and comedy acts play here.

Bernies Bar. Live music often - man with a guitar style. Has a pool table. Popular with day time gamblers.

An teach beag Down an alley from O'donovans. Trad pub popular with tourists.

Good few other bars on the main street that would mainly be a younger crowd . Phoenix is young (latre night bar), The wrastler and Mick Finns. Faheys is an older crowd.

Nightclub wise the phoenix is a late night bar, the Emmet hotel would be a young crowd and the Venue / O'Donovans hotel is a mixed crowd with a late night bar area for the older customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Theres two wine bars too that I forgot. The winery is excellent and the sandwiches very good. No idea about the other copy cat one next door.

Advertisement