Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on BTEA and private colleges

Options
  • 05-07-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I got offered a place in irish college of humanaties and applied sciences in limerick this morning through CAO, but I'm concerned that I wont be able to get BTEA which I would be qualified for because it is technically classed as a private college, anybody know the story with this as I've looked it all up online and can't find anything that will help me out, and my local social welfare office was closed today so unable to ask them so have to wait till monday, but said I'd ask here see if anybody knew? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

hi aoife, might be good idea to ask this q over in the benefits section as well, good luck with finding out info

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoife81

oh yeah, thanks now where is the benefits section lol

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

heehee.....if you click on "Biz" on the bar above, then on "personal" there is a section on state benefits... check them out for technical directions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rlow68

aoife81 wrote: »
    I got offered a place in irish college of humanaties and applied sciences in limerick this morning through CAO, but I'm concerned that I wont be able to get BTEA which I would be qualified for because it is technically classed as a private college, anybody know the story with this as I've looked it all up online and can't find anything that will help me out, and my local social welfare office was closed today so unable to ask them so have to wait till monday, but said I'd ask here see if anybody knew? Thanks

Private colleges are approved for BTEA but not for grant as far as the course can lead to a recognised certification i.e. HETAC or Fetac, so relax

Advertisement