Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I NEED A JOB! Teenager

Options
  • 05-07-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anybody know the best chances of getting a job at the age of fifteen? Work hard. And finished my Junior cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Very hard because you're under 16. Maybe you could try a Lounge Boy? I did it when I was 14, wages were cr*p but the tips were good.

Otherwise you can make a job for yourself? Cutting grass, painting, cleaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 adampjbyrne

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Very hard because you're under 16. Maybe you could try a Lounge Boy? I did it when I was 14, wages were cr*p but the tips were good.

Otherwise you can make a job for yourself? Cutting grass, painting, cleaning?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

To be honest, if possible, your best option is to do your Leaving Certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I agree with Irish_Elect_Eng

It's good and all that you want work but you're only 15! Enjoy your youth. You have your whole life ahead of you to work.

I'd hope you aren't in a position whereby you HAVE to work. Chances of that are <2% I'd say.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Of course a young fella needs to work. Those chips won't pay for themselves!

Fair play OP. Of all my late 30's/early 40's mates, those who are doing best are those who started working in their teens. Best of luck to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement