Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city restaurants

• 05-07-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Can anyone let me have recommendations for a group of around 20 please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

loverslane wrote: »
    Can anyone let me have recommendations for a group of around 20 please

Try:http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055507096/8/#post85402135

Is about as comprehensive a list as you'll get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hamptons or Cornstore..

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Thank you - been narrowing down things and Hamptons is one - what about Bella Italia or Jasmine Palace as we have vegetarians on board too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Had lunch in Chocolat on Sunday, fantastic value and very good food from a well constructed menu, plenty of choice. Don't know what they are like with groups but there was a group of about twenty at the next table who ate ahead of us, they seemed happy enough when leaving. Will definitely go back when next in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Depends.. Budget & what type of occasion.

There are 4/5 very good restaurants in Limerick.. the rest are very average to say the least,

Personally,for the no of people you are talking about. I'd go for Market Square Brasserie, Hamptons, Corn Store,Glasshouse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Hamptons is nice and food is nice but I must say it gets very noisy when busy and hard to chat with people sitting beside or two next to you. I'm not 80 but it is quite loud :):)
    Chocolate is nice to I was at a party of ten of us a few weeks ago but menu is basic enough but apart from that its perfect.
    But I must say I tend to be around limerick every month with work and I love the corn store for lunch, they do an excellent 2 course lunch for 15 euro and its beautiful food and the restaurant is nice too and staff are very nice also.
    Forget the jasmine and everywhere else choose one of those 3 above.
    Hope you have a nice time whichever you pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

If you want decent food look at the French Table. Most of the other places mentioned I've found hit and miss from many experiences. With 20 you would be booking almost the whole place out I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Vegetarians do well in Freddys, Cornstore, Absolute Hotel and Strand Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Great most of us staying in the absolute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Cornstore isin't great, starters are lovely but the mains you'd make nicer stuff at home.

Chocolat, Marco Polo (great for large groups, they'll look after you and can't be beaten price wise) or Red Onion are your best bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement