Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Grades

Options
  • 05-07-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Guys, Does anybody know how to go about getting the guitar grades in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Probably a bit of an obvious answer but 'through an experienced tutor' if you can afford it, did you have a specific in mind like classical or jazz and so on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭elduder

Shakti wrote: »
    Probably a bit of an obvious answer but 'through an experienced tutor' if you can afford it, did you have a specific in mind like classical or jazz and so on ?

Thanks. I'd like to just do general electric or acoustic guitar. I didn't think you just go to a tutor. I thought you may have to go to a college of music or something and attend classes and then sit an examination. I'm still looking into it. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

RGT and Rockschool would be the two most popular with different emphases between them (theory vs performance for example) and can be completed with the help of an experienced tutor who can integrate it into the direction you want to go in. Getting that tutor is the key though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nicklong

Hi, I've been wondering this myself. Did you find out how Elduder and know of a tutor who is registered etc to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Nicklong wrote: »
    Hi, I've been wondering this myself. Did you find out how Elduder and know of a tutor who is registered etc to do so?

If your in dublin I can recommend mike Brookfield, he can teach either syllabus.

He's an excellent teacher too rather than a **** hot player looking for a few extra bob on the side.

Advertisement