Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

science courses for those who are from non-science background

Options
  • 05-07-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Are there any introductory biology, chemistry, physics courses offered by any colleges or universities, for students who haven't studied science beyond 10th grade ??

Maybe some credit courses or certificates or something ?

I am 25, from Pakistan, currently pursuing an undergraduate psychology degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

yes there are fetac level 5 courses in science you should take a look at,I did mine in dunboyne college of further education

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Stevie Wonders Bifocals

NUI Maynooth run certificates in science for people such as yourself.

If you do well enough (over 60% I believe) you are guaranteed a place on the 1st year of their General Science Degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Stevie Wonders Bifocals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

NUI Maynooth run certificates in science for people such as yourself.

If you do well enough (over 60% I believe) you are guaranteed a place on the 1st year of their General Science Degree.
    I just did this coarse and found it great but they don't do chemistry and biology anymore only maths maths physics experimental physics and computer science.
    would be better of doing a fetac level 5

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

course Fetac Level 5 do Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In Drogheda Institute of Further Education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Access to science and engineering UCD is one of the best introductory courses you can get in science. If you get over 60% in your grade you automatically get into science in UCD.

Advertisement