Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling on Campus accommodation licence Mid Semester?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey There! This year I have chosen to live on campus. However, the campus I wanted was Merville but unfortunately was only offered the more expensive Glenomena. However, I study a course which an internship is involved this year. The internship begins in March so i will not require the accommodation after the month of March. This is really annoying as it is so expensive to live on campus and i will have to move out and move to a different county to undertake my internship where i will have to pay rent on a different house. I'm just wondering is there any way to cancel my licence around Feb/March and get the final installment back? :confused: Thanks for any response in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Hey There! This year I have chosen to live on campus. However, the campus I wanted was Merville but unfortunately was only offered the more expensive Glenomena. However, I study a course which an internship is involved this year. The internship begins in March so i will not require the accommodation after the month of March. This is really annoying as it is so expensive to live on campus and i will have to move out and move to a different county to undertake my internship where i will have to pay rent on a different house. I'm just wondering is there any way to cancel my licence around Feb/March and get the final installment back? :confused: Thanks for any response in advance!

You can cancel it but you will only get the final instalment back if UCD can find a replacement. If they cant find anyone to fill the place, you will be liable for the final instalment.
    See part b of this webpage: http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/refunds/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement