Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jobbridge Scandal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

pharmaton wrote: »

Hope that's merely a Joke and the lad got a proper Job.

If they did that to me, I'd Burst them ... :mad:
    Foooooookin scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

BBJBIG wrote: »

Foooooookin scumbags.

It's the best kind of satire, the lads at WW cut it close to the bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

0%

Vast majority? 70% 80% 90% or more? Where are you getting this information please?

:D

Give over dx...you only need to read this thread for that information.
    Would it make it a bit more palatable if the agency itself gave some stats to counter what the people on the ground, the people doing these "internships", the people losing their jobs and then watching THEIR job being filled by someone on a jobsbridge?
    Its all here for the reading dx.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Smidge wrote: »
    :D

Give over dx...you only need to read this thread for that information.
    Would it make it a bit more palatable if the agency itself gave some stats to counter what the people on the ground, the people doing these "internships", the people losing their jobs and then watching THEIR job being filled by someone on a jobsbridge?
    Its all here for the reading dx.

What's the odds that he won't read any of the posts that challenge his bollocks statements, and that comes back in a week later singing Jobbridge's praises again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

What's the odds that he won't read any of the posts that challenge his bollocks statements, and that comes back in a week later singing Jobbridge's praises again?

Ah shure I'm a fool to meself answerin that fella :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

BBJBIG wrote: »

Foooooookin scumbags.

I love the joke about the spending money on the suit in Penneys. Social welfare paid for my suit, a good brand. I wore it to my JobBridge interview, the interview that got me my current proper job and a interview that lead to a job offer with an international business that I could refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

IMPACT have called for Jobbridge to be ended. Where have they been for the last three years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

IMPACT have called for Jobbridge to be ended. Where have they been for the last three years?

You mean Unions do not really care about everyday workers?
    Also, the headline is misleading. IMPACT are saying it should refined and reformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Does anyone know if you can turn down jobbridge offer without it affecting the dole?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Don't tell them you've recieved an offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

jank wrote: »
    You mean Unions do not really care about everyday workers?
    Also, the headline is misleading. IMPACT are saying it should refined and reformed.

The same Impact that has their members working with jobsbridge and gateway workers who work for low wages and no conditions. A proper union would inistruct its members not to cooperate with the above schemes let alone call for its reform. And as for SIPTU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Does anyone know if you can turn down jobbridge offer without it affecting the dole?

Define turning it down for us.
    If you applied and the company wants to "hire" you, then you better have a damn good reason: like travel expenses are too much or you have a child to take care of, etc.

If you're just told to go to a jobbridge interview, just act like a complete eejit in it and you won't be wanted by the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 donedl1

Donegal County Council, 85 jobbridge interns since 2011, zero given employment.

This really is taking the pi**

Office Administrator
    Based in TIPPERARY TOWN Ref. INTE-927981
    Description
    The intern will gain practical experience in Office and clerical work customer service. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following areas such as telephone, clerical, administration MS Office and accounts package. On completion the intern will have attained skills in invoicing, accounts, communication skills, client care and administration.

Skills Requirements
    I am looking for someone that can work on there own, be responsible and honest and be polite and respectful to our customers.

Please Note:
    This is an Internship. An allowance of €50 per week will be paid in addition to your current Social Welfare payment.See eligibility criteria above.

Department
    office

Mentor
    The Organisation will assign a mentor to support you during the Internship.

Duration
    9 Months

Number of Positions

Contract Type
    Other

Days, Hours & Start Date
    Days per week: To be Advised
    Hours per day: Not specified
    Hours per week: 37
    Start Date: TBC

Experience Required:
    No Experience Required
    Education Requirements:
    Leaving Certificate Ordinary -
    « Previous | Next »

Intreo Logo
    How To Apply

You can please email: clarketyres@yahoo.ie or call in to garage and ask for Ann.

Contact arrangements must be followed exactly as stated by the employer as they are the preferred method of contact.

Employer
    Clarkes Tyre Centre
    Station Road
    Tipperary Town
    Co Tipperary

Phone
    062 33652 / 086 2131921

Fax
    062 31121

Email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

How does one get training if they are on their own ? To be honest that in loads of them, someone who can work alone or any other similar phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Define turning it down for us.
    If you applied and the company wants to "hire" you, then you better have a damn good reason: like travel expenses are too much or you have a child to take care of, etc.

If you're just told to go to a jobbridge interview, just act like a complete eejit in it and you won't be wanted by the company.

I applied but the ad didn't specify where it was, I thought it was where interview was held but its not. Its further away and would cost a lot to travel to each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Just a note on the internship that Maryanne linked, would it not mean someone who is both wanting to learn and is capable of working on their own (ie not needing constant supervision). Though the way it's written makes it seem like they just want a pure unpaid worker.
    I applied but the ad didn't specify where it was, I thought it was where interview was held but its not. Its further away and would cost a lot to travel to each week.

Oh in that case then it's fine. You can just refuse to take it. I don't think the social welfare even know unless they sent you on it but if it's a case of not being able to afford the travel then yes, that's an acceptable excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

donedl1 wrote: »

Try over 150 in Mayo, we cannot hire anyone off of the scheme with the moratorium.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

How does one get training if they are on their own ? To be honest that in loads of them, someone who can work alone or any other similar phrase.

Jobbridge isn't about training. It's about cheap labour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

donedl1 wrote: »

FG don't care. Once the unemployment figures look good they are happy.

One of the reasons we are not seeing the jobbridge scandal covered to the effect it should be by the main media organisations is the amount of jobbridgers they use themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Tony EH wrote: »

IBEC have championed jobbridge from day one as a fantastic scheme. Of course who benefits the most from jobbridge? That's right companies IBEC represent. Jobbridge has been pennies from heaven for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Coffee shop assistant
    Ref. INTE-923023
    The intern will gain practical experience in all aspects of working in a coffee shop.The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: Barrista training,Health & Safety in relation to food, food preparation, presentation, and serving of same. Learning to meet and greet customers, stock rotation and ordering, team work.On completion the intern will have attained skills in team working and time management.

Shop Assistant
    Description
    The intern will gain practical experience in a shop environment, this is a developmental opportunity, no experience is necessary. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following areas: shop floor duties, such as till work, cash handling, shop surveillance, shop floor stock maintenance, assisting the general public with their queries, stock room duties, such as sorting, tagging, pricing, bagging, general housekeeping duties, maintain standards of hygiene and cleanliness in relation to the shop. Applicants must supply suitable character references. On completion the intern will have attained skills in shop duties required to assist in the day to day running of a shop and all responsibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Jobsbridge scheme being discussed in depth with Vincent B.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

FG don't care. Once the unemployment figures look good they are happy.

One of the reasons we are not seeing the jobbridge scandal covered to the effect it should be by the main media organisations is the amount of jobbridgers they use themselves.

So true. The media blackout on it is shameful.

I think the only time time I have seen it mentioned by name in the Irish Times was by Shane Hegarty, the mildly funny guy on the back of the Weekend Review whose glasses look like they were drawn on with a schoolboy's marker. He was referring to how much bonkers post he gets and mentioned people complaining about Jobbridge to illustrate his point, because clearly only ridiculous lunatics care about it - Hahaha!

The paper of record indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Came across these internships today while helping out a person with learning difficulties look for jobs in town, the CE ones were worse, not a single job on offer that did not need 3-4 years experience in a managment position, entry position jobs are like golddust at the moment.

Head Chef
    Bicycle Mechanic
    Photocopy Operative
    Cleaner
    Home Help
    Frozen Food Salesperson
    Night Porter
    Shoe Shop Salesperson
    Clothes Shop Salesperson
    Various Office Jobs ( some I know are using this to cover maternity )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

A Head Chef internship?

What

The

Fück?

:confused:

A Head Chef internship?
    What
    The
    Fück?
    :confused:

True. Who would "Mentor" him or her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Its about juking the stats

Advertisement