Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jobbridge Scandal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Raptor wrote: »
    There is a new scheme called jobpath.

Selected people gets referred to a new company called Turas Nua. This is a recruitment agency where employers tell them what they're looking for. And Turas Nua will provide free workers while they continue receiving their payment.

Its a free supply of slaves. Why would any employer would want to hire when they can get them for free.

I have heard people with horrifying experiences with JobPath, you are literally screwed if you end up on it, even friends of mine who work in the DSP are disgusted by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Xenji wrote: »
    I have heard people with horrifying experiences with JobPath, you are literally screwed if you end up on it, even friends of mine who work in the DSP are disgusted by it.

Is it not similar to gateway or tus schemes where ur selected by the dsp and have to comply with them .

They are absolute assholes on tus, I was contacted by them and I had no problem doing the scheme but I didn't want to do it in my local area, I live in a rural area so they were like that's fine, but never listened to me kept contacting me about jobs in my area, i told them I was willing to travel as I had a car to plenty of other areas, but thankfully I got a work but it just came in time because they were just about to send me for an interview to the community centre in my area which somebody would def know me and then know I'm on the dole, it was a horrible feeling.

fin12 wrote: »
    Is it not similar to gateway or tus schemes where ur selected by the dsp and have to comply with them .

You are selected to go on the scheme by the DSP, but the people who are operating JobPath are two private companies from the UK, one of which is has being investigated by the UN over Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

People employed in JobPath are given performance based payments, so the more people they get in full time employment, the more money they make, a friend of mine in a town with basically no jobs has to attend a meeting with them 3 days a week, these can last just for only a couple of minutes and the staff nearly all have a sales background and have no real experience in what they are supposed to be assisting with.

You are selected to go on the scheme by the DSP, but the people who are operating JobPath are two private companies from the UK, one of which is has being investigated by the UN over Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

People employed in JobPath are given performance based payments, so the more people they get in full time employment, the more money they make, a friend of mine in a town with basically no jobs has to attend a meeting with them 3 days a week, these can last just for only a couple of minutes and the staff nearly all have a sales background and have no real experience in what they are supposed to be assisting with.

God that's horrible, there have been numerous deaths linked to this schemes in the uk or forcing genuinely disabled people to work when they can't, their system is disgusting over there....

• Advertisement

God that's horrible, there have been numerous deaths linked to this schemes in the uk or forcing genuinely disabled people to work when they can't, there system is disgusting over there....

It is the same people doing it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Xenji, that's absolutely disgusting. I think you also mentioned before that you're in a small town where whatever work is available is all jobbridge.

How do they get people into employment when there is free labour available in the form of jobbridge?

Or is this a method to create suicide among the unemployed?

It is the same people doing it here.

Jesus I'd sign myself up for a ce scheme or a jobsbridge if these f0ckers were after me, at least u have a choice of where and what ul do on these two schemes.

I was on a ce scheme for two months at least it was my choice.

The thought of it fills me with dread.

I'm in a job but I can be let go at any time because I'm only new.

For anyone who is doing an E-College or Springboard course, does the DSP leave you alone while you are on them or would you not have to do JobPath while doing them, would seem like a better option than being but into a situation you do not want to be in, while still improving yourself at the same time?

• Advertisement

Xenji, that's absolutely disgusting. I think you also mentioned before that you're in a small town where whatever work is available is all jobbridge.

How do they get people into employment when there is free labour available in the form of jobbridge?

Or is this a method to create suicide among the unemployed?

Well I felt completely trapped when they were forcing me to take up a tus scheme in my local area, I can't even describe the anxiety I was feeling and only for a job offer coming through I don't know what would have happened.

The thought of it fills me with dread.

I'm in a job but I can be let go at any time because I'm only new.

I'm the same I'm covering maternity leave.

God that's horrible, there have been numerous deaths linked to this schemes in the uk or forcing genuinely disabled people to work when they can't, their system is disgusting over there....

What I don't understand, why implement a system here that has been linked to suicides in the UK?

What I don't understand, why implement a system here that has been linked to suicides in the UK?

They don't care, people on the dole over there are viewed as probably not even human anymore, it's awful, my sister lives in uk and says they way they treat the unemployed over there is sick. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick because I don't have a stable job,

Well I felt completely trapped when they were forcing me to take up a tus scheme in my local area, I can't even describe the anxiety I was feeling and only for a job offer coming through I don't know what would have happened.

I know how you feel. They were going to force me into a course before, at the same level as the junior certificate. I have a level 6 and 7. Learning things as microsoft word, library researching, internet skills. They wouldn't let me pick my own course and perhaps learn something new.

I found that time so so stressful, until I found my own course, a private course in security, I could have started the week after. But then they wouldn't give me the grant for private courses after I applied for it.

But that's the way society is gone, nobody gives a sh1t, has no compassion or empathy. No wonder so many people suffer with mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Would they ever give up this ridiculous ideas and create real jobs. We should all leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Would they ever give up this ridiculous ideas and create real jobs. We should all leave.
    It's not up to the government to "create" jobs.

What would you have them do anyway? Employ people to clean the streets for 20k a year?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

What would you have them do anyway? Employ people to clean the streets for 20k a year?

I agree with the above, this whole "we will create jobs!" annoys me for the same reason.

I don't see facilitating companies to take on staff for free as helping the unemployment issue, either, though. Many basic entry level jobs no longer exist because of this.

• Advertisement

If it's not up to them to create jobs then why did so many of the parties run on the promise to create jobs. All these government schemes are taking away real jobs

But somehow its better to have street cleaners on the gateway scheme?

As far as I'm aware a lot of county and city council workers clean the streets so these are paid positions so why would unemployed people have to be cleaning the streets?

If it's not up to them to create jobs then why did so many of the parties run on the promise to create jobs. All these government schemes are taking away real jobs
    As far as I'm aware a lot of county and city council workers clean the streets so these are paid positions so why would unemployed people have to be cleaning the streets?
    Not one of you answered my question.

Always been my impression that jobbridge was created for the satisfaction of already employed voters. Dole figures are down, even if your taxes are still paying for someone to live, at least they're working for their 50 a week. The government "created jobs". The government can't go into a private company and tell them to take on a full time paid employee, but if they're offering a few free ones, then sure plenty of companies can take people on. And why would anyone pay for something they can get for free?

Iwasfrozen wrote:

If you did away with schemes such as jobs bridge you'd create numerous jobs by forcing businesses to pay the people it needs. There's thousands of stories many in this thread about how the scheme is being abused. Hell, the government itself is hiring people on it for positions that need to be filled but can't due to hiring restrictions.

If the government doesn't want to create jobs then it doesn't gave to but the various parties involved shouldn't be campaigning on the jobs they plan to create.

The new scheme is another in the never ending ploys by the government to massage the figures and look good. I believe that the company running the latest on are the same crowd who in the UK deemed a man in a coma fit for work and suspended his benefits. They've also gone after those with disabilities and deemed many fit for work when they are not. A recent report covered in the Guardian stated that something like 6% of doctors had come across a patient who had attempted to take or taken their own life over fears if having to take the test which would deem them fit or unfit for work.

Your question doesn't need answering because it doesn't make any sense. There are people employed to clean the streets already...

Your question doesn't need answering because it doesn't make any sense. There are people employed to clean the streets already...

What,would you have the government do to "create" jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yes, because THE FREE MARKET IS GOOD, THE FREE MARKET IS GREAT, THE SKOBES SURRENDER THEIR WILL AS OF THIS DATE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What,would you have the government do to "create" jobs?

The government is not there to create jobs as you rightly said.

They are there however to help create, nurture and sustain an environment where job creation and sustainability is easier and possible.

Some of their schemes in principle (but alas not in reality) do this.

Jobbridge would be great if implemented properly. They could take a small cohort of civil servants, maybe two from each council, give them minimum parameters, and block those continuously offering positions that do not meet these requirements and take down those that already exist that do not meet those requirements.

They obviously have someone somewhere doing this but without the guidelines as I applied to put up a job just to test it and I heard nothing back and the job was not put up.

Advertisement