Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jobbridge Scandal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

The Raptor wrote: »
    What's of interest to him? Jobbridge? Jobpath?

He's been giving mixed messages in this thread.

There was talk of a guy being harrassed by jobpath after getting work. He was saying that you owe them to give them the employers details. But in a different post he says let them know you got a job and opt out of any further contact.

So what is it. Not a very good researcher.

Jobpath. Read that post in context and it is perfectly clear what he means.

I would assume he meant tell them you got work and opt out by giving them the info/documentation required. But yeah he probably needs to clarify that as it contradicts what he was saying.

I don't see why you're being so rude about the poster, there is no need for sly digs about him/her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Tasden wrote: »

I would assume he meant tell them you got work and opt out by giving them the info/documentation required. But yeah he probably needs to clarify that as it contradicts what he was saying.

I don't see why you're being so rude about the poster, there is no need for sly digs about him/her.

I'm not giving sly digs.

He gave the info by saying he got work. But they required a letter? Was this to claim credit and get commission?

Even the DSP doesn't need a letter when you get work.

I don't see how difficult it is to understand.

The Raptor wrote: »
    I'm not giving sly digs.

He gave the info by saying he got work. But they required a letter? Was this to claim credit and get commission?

Even the DSP doesn't need a letter when you get work.

I don't see how difficult it is to understand.

Saying they're not a good researcher when you know nothing about them.
    I'm not going to repeat myself yet again, if you want an answer to your questions read through my previous posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Saying they're not a good researcher when you know nothing about them.
    I'm not going to repeat myself yet again, if you want an answer to your questions read through my previous posts.

He was giving mixed messages in this thread, that is where I'm coming from by saying he's not a good researcher. I said this already. So don't be twisting my words and say its because of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He made a sly dig about me saying I had a sense of entitlement.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    He made a sly dig about me saying I had a sense of entitlement.

Ok...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

On your first day of JobPath you sign a contract with the contractor that gives them permission to contact employers to verify your employment. If you don't sign this you are in breach of JSB terms and conditions.

That sounds like bloody blackmail to me. I'm deeply uncomfortable with the idea that a private contractor has that kind of power over people's welfare payments and can coerce people into signing pretty much anything on the basis that they could have your sole source of income cut off if you displease them.
    Again referrals have a year on JobPath where the contractor is required to provide a service to each person, that includes providing a service to those who find employment. They offer advice on welfare benefits like Family Income Supplement/Dividend, how to get your taxes sorted, childcare issues etc etc. This isnt Tesco this is social welfare. Lets say your full-time job was with Tesco and you earned a basic wage then you may need additional supports and advice to help you stay in employment. Thats a service all jobPath referrals are entitled to.

Any supports designed to help people stay off the dole and in employment should be applauded and welcomed. The thing most are missing here is this in not designed to 'harass' or trouble people but help them move into sustainable employment and away from welfare dependency as far too many are subject to.

Making the service available to those who need it/want it is laudable. It sounds like a very useful service for a lot of people. Forcing people who don't want/need it to use it, and harassing them while they're finding their feet in a new job is despicable.

If the agency had posted a letter say "grats on your new job - here's a list of stuff we can help you with until date x (FIS, taxes, childcare, etc), please feel free to call any time if you'd like assistance", then that would be lovely.

Phoning someone multiple times insisting that they give details of their new employer, and how they found the job is not a great customer experience. It highlights that the agency doesn't give a tuppenny curse about their "customer" but is far more concerned with their own metrics and commissions. That's the bit that people are unhappy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bit of cop on

That's what I have been saying. I wasn't clear early on so apologies all. DSP dont care about who you got work with so long as you are signed off, I think we can all agree on this? The contractor however that DSP sent him too would because they are mandated to facilitate people gaining employment and their fees rely on it too. Such is a payment by results model. It is his choice to do as he wishes. If he has full-time work for the duration of the year from being referred to JobPath he can disregard everything we can discuss but if he looses employment during this time it is in his best interest to engage with them that is all I meant. They will help him source employment in an area he wants to work in, no gun to his head, they relate to him on his level on a one-to-one capacity and not between a glass hole in the wall with a queue of people 2 feet behind him eavesdropping unwillingly.

And yes sly digs are part and parcel to threads of this nature so I don't take it personally but thanks for that.

Thoie wrote: »
    That sounds like bloody blackmail to me. I'm deeply uncomfortable with the idea that a private contractor has that kind of power over people's welfare payments and can coerce people into signing pretty much anything on the basis that they could have your sole source of income cut off if you displease them.

They have no control over your welfare payments, only DSP do but your payment relies on engaging with them. If you don't the DSP is informed by the contractor and DSP make the decision every time, not them. The sign on days each jobseeker has, that is what they are signing with the contractor. Yes, the very same. I declare that I am an active jobseekers and so on... There is no difference here. DSP have outsourced the employment services to offer tailored support to each person. The problem here is people are now starting to see the terms and conditions of JSA in place whereas as before DSP did not have the resources to implement. All in all a lot more people will find work and not just that, work they want to do and work they can do, why? because the motivation and resources is there through these private companies who by the way operate under very strict monitoring, audits and compliances checks themselves. These are policies developed over a long-time and built upon old ones that did not work, such is the way all public policy is created.

Thoie wrote: »
    Making the service available to those who need it/want it is laudable. It sounds like a very useful service for a lot of people. Forcing people who don't want/need it to use it, and harassing them while they're finding their feet in a new job is despicable.

If the agency had posted a letter say "grats on your new job - here's a list of stuff we can help you with until date x (FIS, taxes, childcare, etc), please feel free to call any time if you'd like assistance", then that would be lovely.

Phoning someone multiple times insisting that they give details of their new employer, and how they found the job is not a great customer experience. It highlights that the agency doesn't give a tuppenny curse about their "customer" but is far more concerned with their own metrics and commissions. That's the bit that people are unhappy with.

I feel I have covered this already? It is very useful, think of the average person using it, out of work maybe 10 years, no confidence and no idea of how to interact with the very stressful recruitment environment of today. Now these people have that support. Feedback so far I have heard from people I know on it and reports I have read on-line (Yes, everything I have written is readily available online) have shown that people are supported for whatever makes sense for them in terms of progression and hopefully employment.

And they better care about the outcomes of their customers as their wages depend on it. Take a glance back through this thread where I said this before. What possible motivation, never mind time and resources, did DSP officers have to help people into jobs? They are paid regardless. A payment by results model means they NEED to help people into sustainable jobs. They get paid only after long periods of sustained employment. Now, imagine again that the majority are long-term ten years plus unemployed, some 20years+, a lot having no motivation to work (let's face it), a lot having the same 'disgust' towards JSA terms and DSP/contractors.. Don't they have a tough job on their hands? I think credit to them and I will be looking forward to reading the review of service next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

They have no control over your welfare payments, only DSP do but your payment relies on engaging with them. If you don't the DSP is informed by the contractor and DSP make the decision every time, not them.

You specifically said that on your first day you have to sign a contract with the contractor, and not doing so is in breach of the T&Cs of you JSB. If part of this contract includes the fact that even if you never avail of their services, and find a job on your own that they can keep contacting you for their own benefit, that's where the problem comes in. If their contract said they can have sex with you whenever they like, and if you don't sign the contract then the DSP will cut you off, we'd call it coercion. I'd love to see a copy of this contract that people are pretty much forced into signing. Have you come across a copy during your research?
    I feel I have covered this already? It is very useful, think of the average person using it, out of work maybe 10 years, no confidence and no idea of how to interact with the very stressful recruitment environment of today. Now these people have that support. Feedback so far I have heard from people I know on it and reports I have read on-line (Yes, everything I have written is readily available online) have shown that people are supported for whatever makes sense for them in terms of progression and hopefully employment.

And they better care about the outcomes of their customers as their wages depend on it. Take a glance back through this thread where I said this before. What possible motivation, never mind time and resources, did DSP officers have to help people into jobs? They are paid regardless. A payment by results model means they NEED to help people into sustainable jobs. They get paid only after long periods of sustained employment. Now, imagine again that the majority are long-term ten years plus unemployed, some 20years+, a lot having no motivation to work (let's face it), a lot having the same 'disgust' towards JSA terms and DSP/contractors.. Don't they have a tough job on their hands? I think credit to them and I will be looking forward to reading the review of service next year.

You think you've covered it already by making statements. Some of us are disagreeing with you.

I think we are agreeing on the fact that it the help being provided is a good thing. The same could have been said about Fás - the idea of training and support was a great idea. I still fundamentally disagree that they get to "own" you for 12 months. Hopefully they'll be nothing like Fás/Anco & co, and will be a lot more useful. But based on my own experiences with those other agencies, I suspect that they'll take a ridiculous cookie cutter approach, that it will not prove to be that personalised, and that they won't provide the specific support an individual needs.

I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised. Your anecdotes from people you know that are receiving the service seem positive, but we have other less positive anecdotes as well, so it will take time to get an overall picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

Sorry but the only reason they want the info is to take credit for the person gaining employment, and they should not be given credit for it.

They did a similar thing with Jobbridge, claimed that a certain percentage of interns had gained employment within a certain amount of time (2 yrs i think) after starting on the scheme, but they included people who had gotten employment anywhere in any field. They tried to spin it as if the host agencies took these interns on but in reality most of them were not, they left for the first full time job they could get or got jobs elsewhere after being shown the door by the host companies once they got their 9 months free labour out of them.

All these schemes are scams used to massage figures and exploit the poor. If there are jobs available people will take them, but unemployment is still rampant in much of Ireland and the government is clueless to handle it so they try to fiddle numbers and bully and humiliate the unemployed with scumbag agencies like the Jobpath crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bit of cop on

Clampdown wrote: »
    Sorry but the only reason they want the info is to take credit for the person gaining employment, and they should not be given credit for it.

They did a similar thing with Jobbridge, claimed that a certain percentage of interns had gained employment within a certain amount of time (2 yrs i think) after starting on the scheme, but they included people who had gotten employment anywhere in any field. They tried to spin it as if the host agencies took these interns on but in reality most of them were not, they left for the first full time job they could get or got jobs elsewhere after being shown the door by the host companies once they got their 9 months free labour out of them.

All these schemes are scams used to massage figures and exploit the poor. If there are jobs available people will take them, but unemployment is still rampant in much of Ireland and the government is clueless to handle it so they try to fiddle numbers and bully and humiliate the unemployed with scumbag agencies like the Jobpath crowd.

You would likely have been saying from the start of JobBridge to get rid of it and help people get real jobs. This is it no matter what way you see it. JobBridge was badly monitored and exploited by most of the employers using it, people lost jobs over it, people worked through hardship with the prospect of a job dangled at the end and were giving noting. It was badly targeted and monitored and far too many people worked internships that had nothing to learn but kick the can down the road.

"All these schemes are scams used to massage figures and exploit the poor."

I'm glad the private sector is involved to help an under resourced and over worked social welfare system. No matter what the consensus is here that's why we have the problems we do today with social welfare dependency. Finally though there is something positive. On the above regarding the guy who got his own job, fair play to him and he can do as he wishes and if they want to claim their fees from every referral my point was so what, that's the setup this activation measure has and that's what they need to do their jobs. For the rest who aren't that fortunate to find jobs themselves they will need that support and that right there is why you or anyone else calling them scumbags and this and it does no good to the people that use this service and need it. The figures on the live register are not affected by people referred to JobPath unless they actually get a job.

Give this one a chance and stop bashing the crap out of it because you don't know enough to generalise in this way, no one does. The feedback to date has been overwhelmingly positive from service users and the review next year will show a lot more. Out of the 40 thousand using it you and I have heard very very little to date and I have researched enough to know this is a new and positive way forward to help people who need it into work. You didn't read a word I wrote above otherwise you would agree here but no skin of my nose just wanted to respond to this lastly.

The day you and the rest of you guys bashing the crap out of something you know very little about come up with a better way to help the most vulnerable in society, at a policy level, please post here and enlighten us all. Good luck I can't write anymore on this I have a headache now!

For someone who is only researching the scheme, you sure take criticisms of it very much to heart. I find it strange that someone who is not affiliated with them would go to such great lengths to defend the behaviour of that Jobpath agent who is trying to claim commission and credit for someone gaining employment on their own. Is it because you would do the same?

These schemes only provide employment opportunities for the ones running them. Why didn't we need all these Job-paths/bridges/gateways/alleyways, garden paths, etc. before the recession?

Simple, because jobs are what will lower dole numbers, not schemes.

You would likely have been saying from the start of JobBridge to get rid of it and help people get real jobs. This is it no matter what way you see it. JobBridge was badly monitored and exploited by most of the employers using it, people lost jobs over it, people worked through hardship with the prospect of a job dangled at the end and were giving noting. It was badly targeted and monitored and far too many people worked internships that had nothing to learn but kick the can down the road.

"All these schemes are scams used to massage figures and exploit the poor."

I'm glad the private sector is involved to help an under resourced and over worked social welfare system. No matter what the consensus is here that's why we have the problems we do today with social welfare dependency. Finally though there is something positive. On the above regarding the guy who got his own job, fair play to him and he can do as he wishes and if they want to claim their fees from every referral my point was so what, that's the setup this activation measure has and that's what they need to do their jobs. For the rest who aren't that fortunate to find jobs themselves they will need that support and that right there is why you or anyone else calling them scumbags and this and it does no good to the people that use this service and need it. The figures on the live register are not affected by people referred to JobPath unless they actually get a job.

Give this one a chance and stop bashing the crap out of it because you don't know enough to generalise in this way, no one does. The feedback to date has been overwhelmingly positive from service users and the review next year will show a lot more. Out of the 40 thousand using it you and I have heard very very little to date and I have researched enough to know this is a new and positive way forward to help people who need it into work. You didn't read a word I wrote above otherwise you would agree here but no skin of my nose just wanted to respond to this lastly.

The day you and the rest of you guys bashing the crap out of something you know very little about come up with a better way to help the most vulnerable in society, at a policy level, please post here and enlighten us all. Good luck I can't write anymore on this I have a headache now!

There was a poster here who is on Jobpath and said he is basically thrown in front of a computer and left to his own devises.

Maybe it's easy to be so positive about this so called scheme if there's very little chance you will be doing job path urself. Any company working on commission won't have people's best interests at heart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Clampdown wrote: »

And I am shocked some people struggle with this basic concept. They get commission for helping people get employment. If someone gets employment without ever having spoken to them, and they work on commission, then they should not get paid for that.

Now if they helped, and you refused, then your a douche, simples. But the concept of paying someone for work they haven't done is the kind of stupid mentality that constantly causes issues in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

CramCycle wrote: »
    And I am shocked some people struggle with this basic concept. They get commission for helping people get employment. If someone gets employment without ever having spoken to them, and they work on commission, then they should not get paid for that.

Now if they helped, and you refused, then your a douche, simples. But the concept of paying someone for work they haven't done is the kind of stupid mentality that constantly causes issues in this country.

im on the fence with this, i volunteered in a similar role to the tursa nua people job club type thing for unemployed people.

ive had interview workshops, done peoples CV's for them and then if they get a job had people turn around and say youve done nothing for me im not signing that, i found the job myself.

i get it, but without the CV or the interview tips would you have been successful? maybe.. .but why make life difficult? why not give credit where credit is due? I was a volunteer, because i foolishly believed that people attending these places wanted help.

theres this attitude of '' im entitled to it'' that has creeped into society here and it has such a selfish undertone that'' im entitled to it'' and im going to step on anyones toes to get it... you did work for me but i did a bit of it myself so im not giving you credit for it.

like why hate them? their doing they jobs? which is to help you.

their not part of some wider conspiracy to pick on people on the dole...

give them a break, yes it may not be the best system but its better than no system.

(*i totally accept that not everyone on the dole is ''entitled'' and most are genuine job hunters, however that job totally coloured my view of the type of people that bitch and moan about the free money they get from the state for effectively doing sweet f a but i should note that most people at this place i volunteered were the 5% that will never work full time on a permanent basis.)

ive had interview workshops, done peoples CV's for them and then if they get a job had people turn around and say youve done nothing for me im not signing that, i found the job myself.

i get it, but without the CV or the interview tips would you have been successful? maybe.. .but why make life difficult? why not give credit where credit is due? I was a volunteer, because i foolishly believed that people attending these places wanted help.
    I agree with you, this clearly was not what happened here though.

If the crowds instructions, teachings or even just filtering out suitable jobs helps in some way, then they deserve their clout, whether the help was minor or major.

I am talking about the situation earlier in thread where the poster went out, got an interview and then got the job without any intervention from them. They simply want his details for a free paycheque. This is what I am against.
    like why hate them? their doing they jobs? which is to help you.
    I don't hate them, I hate them (or maybe just one of them) trying to take credit for nothing.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I am talking about the situation earlier in thread where the poster went out, got an interview and then got the job without any intervention from them. They simply want his details for a free paycheque. This is what I am against.

to be fair i was only talking about the post i quoted.

i dont know the ins and out of the poster who talked about his/her friend being harrassed, which if it is as described then it was clearly harassment.

but i suppose i always take those stories with a pinch of salt now because of the hangs up people seem to have.

if its as simple as, joe got a job off his own bat before engaging with Turas Nua and was getting a million calls to confirm his employment then thats wrong.

however how would Turas Nua have his details and employers details if he didnt engage with them at all?
    (DSP dont get the details when you sign off so TS wouldnt either)

its all just a bit over dramatic for me to believe, what person would put their job at risk by calling someone who never engaged with them that many times...

i accept it might have happened im just a bit scooby doubious, thats all.

Anyone have a copy of this contract that claims to bind people after they sign off?

Anyone have a copy of this contract that claims to bind people after they sign off?

they support your for three years after you begin a role.

they have a centre in limerick or somewhere that you can call for help or if you have any questions.

i assume thats where the link to keeping in touch is...

not sure about the contract though.

as its on top of what you sign with the DSP i wonder is it supplementary to that or does it cancel it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Help122

I'll agree with the poster who said they call you in for meetings just to be thrown in front of a computer and left to your own devices. I am genuinely seeking work even though I am almost 6 months pregnant I haven't informed Turas Nua about my pregnancy in case I'm in breach of my contract with them. I'm applying for 5+ jobs every day and sending proof to my PA of every application but that doesn't seem to be enough and she says I should be applying for a lot more but there is no jobs out there that would be safe for someone so far along in my pregnancy, I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything but I can't see an employer employing a pregnant woman to just be paying her maternity leave maybe 6 weeks later... Is there anybody on this thread who is pregnant or knows of somebody who is pregnant on the Turas Nua scheme?

• Advertisement

Help122 wrote: »
    I'll agree with the poster who said they call you in for meetings just to be thrown in front of a computer and left to your own devices. I am genuinely seeking work even though I am almost 6 months pregnant I haven't informed Turas Nua about my pregnancy in case I'm in breach of my contract with them. I'm applying for 5+ jobs every day and sending proof to my PA of every application but that doesn't seem to be enough and she says I should be applying for a lot more but there is no jobs out there that would be safe for someone so far along in my pregnancy, I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything but I can't see an employer employing a pregnant woman to just be paying her maternity leave maybe 6 weeks later... Is there anybody on this thread who is pregnant or knows of somebody who is pregnant on the Turas Nua scheme?

In fairness, you haven't informed her of your pregnancy so she isn't aware of the limitations you have regarding number of jobs you can apply for.
    You should tell them. You still have to be seeking work but you do get maternity leave/waiver of obligations, think its like a month before due date and 13 weeks after baby is born.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Help122

In fairness, you haven't informed her of your pregnancy so she isn't aware of the limitations you have regarding number of jobs you can apply for.
    You should tell them. You still have to be seeking work but you do get maternity leave/waiver of obligations, think its like a month before due date and 13 weeks after baby is born.

I know that ya I'm just dreading telling her in case it affects my payments or anything like that. I've no problem seeking work and keeping up with appointments because she's genuinely a a lovely woman, I never knew that I could get a waiver of obligations I thought I'd be going in until I was genuinely fit to pop but that's great news knowing that. Thanks so much for the information

Help122 wrote: »
    I know that ya I'm just dreading telling her in case it affects my payments or anything like that.

The ramifications if you are looking for work and they stopped your payments because you are pregnant would be huge. Not a hope this would happen, if it did, there would be a line of solicitors with a smile on there face for the easiest collar in history.

to be fair i was only talking about the post i quoted.

i dont know the ins and out of the poster who talked about his/her friend being harrassed, which if it is as described then it was clearly harassment.

but i suppose i always take those stories with a pinch of salt now because of the hangs up people seem to have.

if its as simple as, joe got a job off his own bat before engaging with Turas Nua and was getting a million calls to confirm his employment then thats wrong.

however how would Turas Nua have his details and employers details if he didnt engage with them at all?
    (DSP dont get the details when you sign off so TS wouldnt either)

its all just a bit over dramatic for me to believe, what person would put their job at risk by calling someone who never engaged with them that many times...

i accept it might have happened im just a bit scooby doubious, thats all.

I don't think you understand. The person was put onto Jobpath. They then got a job elsewhere that was not due to any contacts made through Jobpath. Jobpath then wanted the employers details to gain commission. If they were volunteers like yourself, they wouldn't have been trying so hard to track him down, the only reason they were harassing him was so they could claim credit.

We're not talking about them saying they just gave a few interview/CV tips like you do in your role as a volunteer. They were trying to claim a payment by saying they basically 'got him the job'. Which they didn't.

I'm sure if someone got a job after taking your tips for CVs and interviews, you'd just say hey, congratulations, not keep calling them, right? They kept calling to try to get the commission, which is wrong.

Just because he was engaged with Jobpath doesn't mean they are responsible for him getting work. They didn't inform him of the vacancy or get him the interview. Even if they gave a few tips, so what? I could give someone tips on how to run but I can't claim credit if they win a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Orlliee

Every time I click on the internship link on jobbridge it shows up an error and I can't search for an internship is this happening to anyone else

Orlliee wrote: »
    Every time I click on the internship link on jobbridge it shows up an error and I can't search for an internship is this happening to anyone else

Jobsireland site is down until 27/7/16

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Orlliee

Jobsireland site is down until 27/7/16

Thanks so much for letting me know

• I was supposed to go back last Wednesday but got a call on the Tuesday telling me not to come in. Apparently the computer room was double booked!!!! :D They must be getting bus loads of jobseekers arriving at the place!

If it continues to be a heap of sh1t like just throwing me into the computer room and then checking up on my applications then I'm going to push for DA what with my PTSD. I'm giving this thing a go in the hope they might improve my lot but if they start hounding me and stressing me then all bets are off.

I do hope there's going to be a bit more substance to it but I fear the worst at this point.

That chap "Bit of Cop On"'s initiative to retrain himself is laudable but he really should see this JobPath in operation before waxing lyrical about it. On paper I'm sure it seems like the best thing ever. Unfortunately the implementation so far is very Irish.

I was supposed to go back last Wednesday but got a call on the Tuesday telling me not to come in. Apparently the computer room was double booked!!!! :D They must be getting bus loads of jobseekers arriving at the place!

If it continues to be a heap of sh1t like just throwing me into the computer room and then checking up on my applications then I'm going to push for DA what with my PTSD. I'm giving this thing a go in the hope they might improve my lot but if they start hounding me and stressing me then all bets are off.

I do hope there's going to be a bit more substance to it but I fear the worst at this point.

That chap "Bit of Cop On"'s initiative to retrain himself is laudable but he really should see this JobPath in operation before waxing lyrical about it. On paper I'm sure it seems like the best thing ever. Unfortunately the implementation so far is very Irish.

Haha bus loads arriving there. Hope you get more support in the future. I did a job club group before in Cork was very good was on for 4 weeks. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

A friend of mine got called up for Job Path last month. He'd already got himself a place on a training course and was just waiting for it to start. When the woman who phoned him up to make sure he turned up for his Job Path meeting heard about this course, she wasn't very happy at all. She tried to tell him that he couldn't sign off the dole and that, if he did, he'd not get paid. He told her that this wasn't the case to which she replied "We'll see who's right won't we?"

The person actually handling his case was grand about it though. She took his acceptance letter(from the course), made a copy of it, and wished him all the best. He's getting paid just fine too.

Advertisement