Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HEATWAVE! -Get shopping and fight!

• 06-07-2013 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭

Prepare for yet another splurge of cash on garden furniture, barbies and trays of gargle! At least the gargle will be value for money. WTF is it with the Irish that they feel the need to waste money on ****e once the sun shines? Haven't we learned anything? Then comes the inevitable kicking the crap out of each other after a days drinking in a "beer garden". Need I mention the "summer clothes" that are faded and do **** all against the pale skin.

I live in the sun and we laugh at those back in Ireland that can no longer handle a few rays without resorting to trying to recreate costa del sol in the back garden of the three bed semi overlooked by every wanker on the block. Can we not just do nice weather without being assholes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Prepare for yet another splurge of cash on garden furniture, barbies and trays of gargle! At least the gargle will be value for money. WTF is it with the Irish that they feel the need to waste money on ****e once the sun shines? Haven't we learned anything? Then comes the inevitable kicking the crap out of each other after a days drinking in a "beer garden". Need I mention the "summer clothes" that are faded and do **** all against the pale skin.

I live in the sun and we laugh at those back in Ireland that can no longer handle a few rays without resorting to trying to recreate costa del sol in the back garden of the three bed semi overlooked by every wanker on the block. Can we not just do nice weather without being assholes?

But but.... you don't even live here anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Buying a BBQ and patio furniture makes you an asshole??
    Damn, I was an asshole last year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I live in the sun and we laugh at those back in Ireland that can no longer handle a few rays without resorting to trying to recreate costa del sol in the back garden of the three bed semi overlooked by every wanker on the block.
    Can we not just do nice weather without being assholes?

One day I hope to be as cool as you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

One day I hope to be as cool as you

Cool?? No.

Hot? Yes.

don't have a canary op

• Advertisement

C'mon folks! Don't take offense. I'm just trying to explain how the Irish living abroad in a hot climate view the carry on in the oul sod. I'm back for a few weeks and it reminds me of the lobster colour I got on the beach as a kid. These days though its about hitting Tescos and Woodies for crap you won't get value for. Thats what Im seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

It's cruel in a way, because if you only get a little glimpse of something desirable occasionally, then it's more than likely that you'll go a bit mad when it does arrive. It would almost be more humane if we didn't get any good weather at all, because at least then we'd know what to expect and wouldn't be constantly disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

C'mon folks! Don't take offense. I'm just trying to explain how the Irish living abroad in a hot climate view the carry on in the oul sod. I'm back for a few weeks and it reminds me of the lobster colour I got on the beach as a kid. These days though its about hitting Tescos and Woodies for crap you won't get value for. Thats what Im seeing.

I'm having a BBQ tomorrow, few beers and friends. Should i just sit in and watch TV instead?
    Please advise me because I really, really wouldn't want somebody in Australia or Canada getting wind of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I live in my home country which I love with my friends and family and I don't own a single piece of garden furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Pffft, iv had the same bottle of factor 50 suncream for 3 years now and instead of buying sunglasses i just walk around with my eyes closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

As the owner of a beer, plastic chair and sausages shop, I love the hot weather.

I'm having a BBQ tomorrow, few beers and friends. Should i just sit in and watch TV instead?
    Please advise me because I really, really wouldn't want somebody in Australia or Canada getting wind of it...

Go on! Be different. In fact go to the cinema!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Buying a BBQ and patio furniture makes you an asshole??
    Damn, I was an asshole last year :(

Worse, apparently youll bring them to a beer garden along with trays of drink then start fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah come off it, what's wrong with enjoying the nice weather when we get it? Why would you laugh at us enjoying some sunshine, beers, bbq and the company of friends/family?

Weird post OP.

Worse, apparently youll bring them to a beer garden along with trays of drink then start fighting.

Ah no. I never said that. But it would be worth watching.:D

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Ah come off it, what's wrong with enjoying the nice weather when we get it? Why would you laugh at us enjoying some sunshine, beers, bbq and the company of friends/family?

Weird post OP.

Nah its not weird jaxxy. Its not what we do, its how we do it. Enjoy the sunshine! I was as guilty of it once. But I guess when you learn to appreciate a sunny climate, the way an Irish person acts on home turf looks really funny and a bit OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I have one complaint about the sunshine - for some reason, people in my neighbourhood seem to think it's much more acceptable to wee in the street in broad daylight if they're wearing shorts. Maybe the psychological threshold to whipping it out is lower if you're not wearing full on trousers, or something.

Anyway. Less street-peeing please. That would be just great.

Otherwise, Jesus, just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Nah its not weird jaxxy. Its not what we do, its how we do it. Enjoy the sunshine! I was as guilty of it once. But I guess when you learn to appreciate a sunny climate, the way an Irish person acts on home turf looks really funny and a bit OTT.

When you say "how we do it" I'm going to assume you mean the purchasing of garden furniture/BBQ/slabs of beer, etc., that you mentioned in your original post. I don't see why that's so horrible, or even amusing...

I've lived in foreign and sunny climes myself, as have many of my friends, the only difference here is we didn't adopt or develop the superiority complex that some expatriates seem to display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Just lol.

OP please, tell us what part of the sun you live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

'Offense'. You live in America, then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Irish people get so few chances to go in the garden that they stand there wondering what to do so it's off to the local hardware for plastic seats and barbie that blow away come winter,pity us if you like op and laugh when we're not looking but we are like a prisoner just released from solitary shielding our eyes from the light...don't blame us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

OP have you any idea the amount of crap bought for the 4th of July. The Chinese economy, between the fireworks and the cheap BBQ grills, must get a summer boost.

'Taint just Ireland buying crap when the sun shines. And I live in the sun belt. 310 days of sun a year.

I can't wait to enjoy the sun so much that I can make fun of others for doing it online. Should only be another hour til it's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

C'mon folks! Don't take offense. I'm just trying to explain how the Irish living abroad in a hot climate view the carry on in the oul sodg.

Thank you sorr, we must look terrible stupid sorr.

On another note, I always laugh at the Irish who go to these 'hot climates' and hang out with all the other Irish people over there. Laughing at the nincompoops who don't do sun properly.

Get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So when exactly are we supposed to make use of our garden, if not in the few days of reasonably nice weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Would ya give up this "we" rubbish please?

and thank you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I think OP lives in Smugsville .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

And another thing.

People in nicer/more predictable climates can actually plan things, like "D'ye know, in 3 weeks time, we'll have Miguel and Assumpta around, the patio has been finished since February. We'll dine al fresco."

Remember back here it's "****ing quick, Mary, mix up that concrete, before the rain comes back. I'll get the Bbq lit, and ring the other Mary, and get Johnnie to get a slab of cans. Wait, **** it, the rains back. Good job too, the cattle were looking parched."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Its good for our fragile economy OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Laughing at people and being condescending is much more of an asshole thing to do than anything you're so pointlessly getting annoyed about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

"We" loooooove emigrants who relish telling is how shît/ stupid we are.

Asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Plebs in Ireland. Look at them making the most of it.
    Staying there and toughing it out with their plastic chairs and silly little tin foil BBQ's.
    Feckin eegits.
    Should have emigrated like the rest of us, only then they have a right to enjoy good weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Laughing at people and being condescending is much more of an asshole thing to do than anything you're so pointlessly getting annoyed about!

Maybe living in the sun has turned him an asshole.

Some people go a little crazy during the nice weather but its not everybody ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Maybe living in the sun has turned him an asshole.

Some people go a little crazy during the nice weather but its not everybody ffs.

Nah, I was an asshole before I got here.
    we'll have Miguel and Assumpta around

Lies. No-one called Assumpta has ever been found outside of Ireland, they change their names on emigration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Your probably correct OP but remember you live somewhere with a warm climate and we don't. We live in a wet miserable little sh1thole that has one rainy season that usually stretches from June to March so forgive us if we make a big deal out of getting more than 2 dry days in a row.

And remember you were once one of us but luckily for you your now so much better than us that you are able to laugh at us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

So wait, we are not supposed to be allowed to enjoy the mere few days of good weather we get here because some eejit who has fécked off thinks it looks ridiculous?.....yeah, not buying it. Small are your worries OP. Now excuse me while I put out the washing, good drying today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

OP, why don't you fcuk off back to where you live and laugh at people enjoying the sun there.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Of course we go crazy when it's sunny, we have to do in about a week (if we're lucky) what other countries do in an entire summer of good weather :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm going to flat back my bencher and catch a few rays today, I need to tan up, I get good colour when exposed to good sun, naturally olive skinned. I'm going to put factor 10 on my neck this time to avoid the redness I experienced during our last heatwave at the start of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

WTF is it with the Irish that they feel the need to waste money on ****e once the sun shines?
    I often feel the same way about idiots and their stupid generalisations?
    I live in the sun

You do? What are you? A Hydrogen atom?
    we laugh at those back in Ireland...

We? Oh wait, I see, it's the old mulitple personality thing.
    Can we not just do nice weather without being assholes?

Without assholes? Oh, do you mean assholes who spew their irrelevant bile. Due to some weird inferiority complex about their nationality and how it should somehow inhibit our right/ability to enjoy some good weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

As a person living in a hot country abroad, I cringe so hard when i hear this stuff. HE DOESN'T SPEAK FOR ALL OF US!!

I'm personally delighted to hear the people I love at home will get a few nice days. My dad has a bbq and finally, the man will get to use it and that makes me smile.

I presume most Irish will be outside enjoying the sun, not in Woodies. I've never come across a nation who makes so much out of the sun like the Irish. Ireland genuinely IS the best place to be on the a nice day.

Enjoy it, my compatriots!! :D:D

We've a heat wave in Madrid this weekend (late 30s :eek:) and I'd rather be there than here tbh. Parts of my face are already melting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

People aren't buying garden furniture and bbqs when the sun comes out. They buy more hair removal products. Heard it on 2fm yesterday. Pale hairless legs in their summer shorts. Laugh at that OP. You cant be any more wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

There's only one asshole in this thread, and i don't think it's the one's minding their own business enjoying the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Living in the sun, surely that's impossible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

This is one of the "best" rubbish threads in a while, total nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

OP, just to confirm, if we have pale skin, we are not allowed to wear shorts and a t-shirt! I certainly don't do it to get a colour, I know I will only go red but I like to be able to wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt if its hot out to keep cool, I didn't realise I shouldn't do it because I will look silly because I have pale skin!

Thanks for letting me know though, could have made a fool of myself today, suppose I better throw on the jeans and jumper again :( as I don't want to embarrass myself or others around me with my pale legs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The op is in his bath robe sitting on the balcony eating Croissants and Coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

If you're living in the sun why are you on here complaining?

You should be out there chasing the wome... oh wait.

Advertisement