Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from HomeVision - Static IP

• 06-07-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

I'm with Homevision for the last 3 years and it's been great but I've recently started having major issues with the connection and as they no longer seem to exist (except for monthly bills) I am planning on moving ISP's.

I'm paying €41 a month for their unlimited 10MB (12MB actually) with a static IP address including line rental.

The maximum I've been told I can by eircom and Homevision is 16MB (distance from exchange etc) and with fibre due here by xmas I've been tempted to stay until Fibre is available.

However its now the case that the connection is 0.3MB download this morning so I am tempted to look at switching to Magnet (no contract) and upgrading to the best fibre option when available. However I need a static IP so has anyone got a similar setup and who would they recommend?

Thanks in advance
    YB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I'm with UPC and find it great but maybe thats not an option for you?
    My sister is with Homevision and had a recent issue they sorted out in no time, why not give them a ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Can't get UPC (I'm in Youghal, Co Cork), I will sign up for the first provider to have Fibre access here but in the meantime as Homevision have no website and there are various threads on here saying they are going out of business.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wouldn't it make more sense to ring them than reading threads on boards?. Those threads seem to be going on for a year and you're paying for a service. As I said my sister has no problem with their customer service.

Advertisement