Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erase passwords and account details from laptop.

Options
  • 06-07-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

How do I clear all passwords and account details that might be stored on my laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are you giving your laptop to someone else?

I'd use ccleaner ( Google it) and tick ALL the options.

Windows is pretty good at keeping user accounts separate, so I'd use that to your advantage and I'd create a new user account and make it an administrator and then log in using that account and use it to delete your old account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

No keeping it, had trouble with visa card and was advised to clear all details from laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pcLad

If you have your windows install disk you could do a quick reinstall of your windows software and you would be really sure that it was wiped from system also will remove old junk from system. But Please back up your Documents Pictures Videos etc. as they will be Lost During this Process

Works Best if You Are Running Windows 8 Pro

1. In Search Type: Remove Windows.

2. Just follow what it tells you to do.

But you WILL Need your windows 8 pro setup Disk.

Good Luck to you if you decide to use my advise please let me know if it Worked for you.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A PROFESSFIONAL COMPUTER TECH YOU FOLLOW MY ADVISE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seems a bit extreme if they just want to remove credit card info from the browser. like using a sledge hammer to open a box of eggs! :o

just use ccleaner to clear your browser history, cookies and temporary files etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

This is for google chrome

Go to Settings > History then check cookies , cache ect all the boxes avaliable then the time period you want to remove from. The past day week ect

• Advertisement
Advertisement