Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 UK blow apart the PAYG market with 321 offer: coming to Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I tried 48 it was terrible. I still follow them on facebook from when I was using that to get support for the terrible service and nearly weekly I see a message to the effect of "Sorry your calls and texts aren't working at the momo our little support monkies are totally working to try fix it lol we are so hip and cool."

No you don't.
    Fair enough you may have had a bad time with them, but don't talk pure shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

No you don't.
    Fair enough you may have had a bad time with them, but don't talk pure shite.

goaB2k5pKHhTF4i0LIQ7OMC-8Z-xkutQLBqTXElnWpY
    Can't be arsed finding the rest of these. I can assure you I have seen this happen several times and to this day I am still completely sure of their terrible service as my sister is on 48 as are a few of my friends. Since you seem to be apologising for them run an internet speed test on your phone on 48. I get 500kbps up and down on mine with 3. I saw about 1/7th of that speed on 48. Took them a ridiculous time to send me out a nano sim also. They're a network completely based on the cheap price and trying to appeal to young people. They are in no way a good network

• Registered Users Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

ciano1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else here still getting the extra €10 free when they top up with 3?

For the €20 a month I'm getting
    - AYCE Data
    - Free any network texts
    - Free 3 to 3 calls
    - Free any network weekend calls
    - AND €10 extra credit at the end of every month.

Yep,€10 cash back bless em.3G is crap outside urban areas and the call centre employees are almost incomprehensible but otherwise they're great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

km79 wrote: »
    Do ya really have to be between 18 and 22 or is that just an advertising gimic ?

djimi wrote: »
    How do 48 verify your age? Would the age thing be easy to get around?
    Everyone I know said their D.O.B. was 18 years previous to the day they signed up:pac: They don't verify. My dad is also with them, as are a number of lads well over the age of 22 I know.
    goaB2k5pKHhTF4i0LIQ7OMC-8Z-xkutQLBqTXElnWpY
    Can't be arsed finding the rest of these. I can assure you I have seen this happen several times and to this day I am still completely sure of their terrible service as my sister is on 48 as are a few of my friends. Since you seem to be apologising for them run an internet speed test on your phone on 48. I get 500kbps up and down on mine with 3. I saw about 1/7th of that speed on 48. Took them a ridiculous time to send me out a nano sim also. They're a network completely based on the cheap price and trying to appeal to young people. They are in no way a good network
    lol, that was once. I've been with them for almost 1 year now, that was literally the only problem I had with them. Funny you had to back 3 months on their profile yet could only find 1 problem.
    As for the network speed it's grand unless you actually proper internet. Internet is more than adequate for FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, YouTube, etc. Unless you're downloading large files it's grand.
    That's fair enough, but if you have a smartphone and want to use it to its potential then 3's deal is far superior in terms of data. For €20 you get AYCE data, free texts to all networks, free 3 to 3 calls, free calls to any network on the weekend, and the €20 left over which can be used either for weekday calls or, now thanks to carrier billing, to buy music, books or apps if you have an Android phone. As someone who has never touched that €20 each month, I have hundreds to spends on books, apps etc.

It all comes down to what you need from your credit or phone, there is no "best deal" out there.
    Totally agree. I sound like a 48 sales rep the way I'm going on:o

No one I know that's joined 48 has gone off it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

kneemos wrote: »
    Yep,€10 cash back bless em.3G is crap outside urban areas and the call centre employees are almost incomprehensible but otherwise they're great value.

I'm out on erris head as I'm typing this and I've a full 3g signal. Not exactly an urban location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

According to their website you still can.

Edit: Actually looks like you're right, new customers have to pay for an add on.

Interesting wording here. If you were in before the 30th April its included. If you joined after the 30th April its an add on. I joined on the 30th April believing it was included only to find out that they made a mistake. They gave me 20e to cover a few add on payments but it seems in Threeland the 30th April didn't happen this year. Just as well it wasn't the 25th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok my head hurts from all this 48 v 3 monthly offers, going back to the original topic, I go up north and to the uk afew times a yr, I don't need any monthly subscriptions, I'll probably only spend 10/20quid with this 321 offer a yr, if i got a sim, and threw 10stg on it, would the number stay active if i only switched it on every few months, and does the credit run out? I'd be planning on just leaving the sim under the back cover of the phone until I needed it.

As long as you use it at least once every 6 months then it stays active.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Getting back to the OP, this 321 plan would be excellent value for money for light users like my parents.

The currently use pay as you go and top up by €10 and it normally lasts a month or two as they use the phone so little, but they rarely get the benefit of free texts and calls etc. as they top-up so little.

So a simple plan like this would probably allow them to stretch a top-up out to every 4 or 5 months!

So I hope they bring this plan to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,483 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1

For a lite user who needs a bit of data this is very good value. I'd be using less than 100 minutes, 100 texts and 500MB, so 3+2+5 = 10 pounds so about €12 per month

• Advertisement
Advertisement