Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

galway is getting all the action :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just had an almighty shower of hail and snow in naas. White again

This was the ominous sky before it! Looked nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thunder in every shower in Galway since 4am to now, been pretty spectacular, no broadband blew off the wall, I contacted Eircom who told me they were getting lots of calls from Galway due lightning damage, University Hospital hit and all phones are out

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Thundersleet in Sandyford!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

inabina wrote: »
    Thundersleet in Sandyford!

Just about to report the same...thundersleet here too! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

North Dublin thunder shield not even dented i see ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Could of sworn i heard a clap of thunder earlier but wasn't sure so didn't post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Hailstones that feel on the west coast somewhere today. Have messaged the guy who posted the picture to find out more information.

vHxYBMh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Thunder in every shower in Galway since 4am to now, been pretty spectacular, no broadband blew off the wall, I contacted Eircom who told me they were getting lots of calls from Galway due lightning damage, University Hospital hit and all phones are out

Missed it all. Friend said on Facebook that she had a close encounter of the lightning kind in the city earlier. I think she's still shaking. Big hail and sleet was all i saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Missed it all. Friend said on Facebook that she had a close encounter of the lightning kind in the city earlier. I think she's still shaking. Big hail and sleet was all i saw.

Heard by word of mouth that a TV transmitter was damaged in Castlebar by lightning today, though not sure if that is true or not.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Hailstones that feel on the west coast somewhere today. Have messaged the guy who posted the picture to find out more information.

vHxYBMh.jpg

I really doubt there real.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thats a Brussel Spout btw peeps! I mistook it as a cabbage on Twitter... scarlet moment pour moi!

vHxYBMh.jpg
    I hope that's a Brussels sprout and not a cabbage. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Had hailstones here in Galway city yesterday biggest ive ever seen anyway bout the size of marbles and perfectly round too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Iancar29 wrote: »

We've a shield over us!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

pad199207 wrote: »
    Thats a Brussel Spout btw peeps! I mistook it as a cabbage on Twitter... scarlet moment pour moi!

Still fake! Id say who ever put that up is in the pub now haveing a good laugh.:pac:

I should really have said that it's a brussel sprout instead of letting everyone think it's a cabbage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Still fake! Id say who ever put that up is in the pub now haveing a good laugh.:pac:

Photo doesn't make sense. A few hail stones of unextraordinary size clumped together nicely for the snap. Would be more believable if there was a photo showing a general covering of these.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Had hailstones here in Galway city yesterday biggest ive ever seen anyway bout the size of marbles and perfectly round too

I took a video of this in the car. Couldn't hear each other or the radio for a bit!

The picture was taken in Claire, Co Ennis. Guy hasn't given me a time, but I've asked the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

The picture was taken in Claire, Co Ennis. Guy hasn't given me a time, but I've asked the question.

Ennis,Co Clare

More thunderstorms this evening/tonight as these big wintry showers move in?

Latest strikes - http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/index.html?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Hooter23 wrote: »
    More thunderstorms this evening/tonight as these big wintry showers move in?

Latest strikes - http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/index.html?

This link may be easier to follow, as it shows the strikes in 3 hourly intervals:-

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

(It is updated about five or six times an hour.)

Jez no more, I had enough thunder and lightning in Galway yesterday to keep me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Jez no more, I had enough thunder and lightning in Galway yesterday to keep me happy.

Hate to say it, but there's a line of strikes heading straight across Galway Bay towards you!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Rumbles of thunder here for the past 20 mins. No sign of any lightning yet.

NWClare

First big shower arriving in west Galway and it is a thunderstorm doubt we will beat the 5 thunderstorms in 12 hours we had in Galway city yesterday we shall see :)

Big flash in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Big flash in Galway

Are you in the city? My wife is in there shopping, she will be terrified! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Are in the city? My wife is in there shopping, she will be terrified! :)

Im on the edge of the city and I can hear the rumbles in the distance. Seem to be moving north. If your wife is indoors in a shop she mightnt have heard the rumbles! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement