Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That's defo some cell north of france!!

One sferic now closer to home tyler...;)

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Some of the heaviest and intense hail I've experienced in many years in North Dublin on the M1 and Balbriggan exit.

Still going now about 10-15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

As usual all the heavy showers dodging me like the plague...not even a drop of rain here today!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    As usual all the heavy showers dodging me like the plague...not even a drop of rain here today!

Don't worry...I'm in your boat! :) But there is a shower approaching now.

Some heavy bursts of rain now here in south Dublin...also quite a few sferics up along the east coast now. http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

1 flash of lightening & peel of thunder in Greystones 7.48pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Visible flash here in Booterstown....^ probably the same one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Roll of thunder there Rathnew co wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thunder in Dun Laoghaire 19.48

Thunder here too...big roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Yep, rumbling away in Greystones now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Another nice big streak across the sky

*Opens beer

Roll of thunder # 3 here. Saw a distant flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Had another couple of flashes and rumbles here in DL, short burst of big rain drops, very calm and overcast now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seen two flashes leaving Blackrock approx 8.30pm. The sky looked fairly dark at that stage.

Is there a chance for a repeat performance this evening/tonight

From met.ie
    21 April 2014 16:31

Today

Mild or warm this evening with good sunny spells in most areas and brightening up in the Southwest also. Later this evening some showers drifting onto the East coast which could be thundery.
    Tonight

Tonight will bring some showers to places with the risk of thunder but many areas will be dry. It will be rather cloudy and misty with some fog patches developing in the South. Lowest temperatures will range 5 to 9 degrees.

Over a thousand houses around Ashford co wicklow was left without power for hours after last nights few booms

Feeling very warm in the sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

For any sparks tonight ideally we would need cells already developing over North Wales. Nothing for the moment. A lot of high cloud and mush pushing in from North Sea so that could possibly inhibit any convective opportunities there

EDIT. Oh after refreshing radar there's seems to be showers developing off Anglesey

Quite a cluster of storms over the UK midlands at the moment. http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

Heavy cell crossing over irish sea not sure if its producing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

vickers209 wrote: »
    Heavy cell crossing over irish sea not sure if its producing anything

Dying out, but that system was weird. Despite forecast, I don't see it reviving, but that's a weird system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Europe yesterday evening was awash with storms.

304260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some nice cells now in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I was looking out the windows and all of a sudden i saw a big white bolt... NOT COOL!... does anyone know when the threat will pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Why cant you say where you are we are not mind readers, you could be anywhere.

In limerick right beside the shannon across from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looks to be clearing from your area now, just heavy showers, check out the Met Eireann Radar where you see red in the showers that is the heavy stuff and likely to have thunder. You can play the radar and see the shower that brought you the thunder and lightning

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

It's convecting in your area and surrounds, all the lightening today has been breaking over the greater Limerick region.

I see a few more developing cells heading your way right now. There is a lot of potential yet as the cells move over warmer land and rise into thunder clouds.

The greater mass is gone away to your North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Nice cell near atlone! , sorry cant upload screengrab from my phone :(

I'll tell ya i wont be forgetting the weather we've got this year so far... crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Has Dublin got any change of getting any thunderstorms this evening?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement