Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Anyone listening to atc in dub able to provide an update on things out there given that rescue 1 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

everyone sing the "TED" the F$ck you thunder song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Ryanair diverting to Shannon no fuel options Aldergrove , Manchester or Prestwick

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

New cell around mitchelstown, cair, clonmel area??

Any potential for more from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Very heavy rain in Cork now, a rebound perhaps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rescue 1 is doing runway checks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've never seen rainfall like that in Ireland, it could probably be measured in feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Anyone listening to atc in dub able to provide an update on things out there given that rescue 1 is out

im listening, EI565 may be going to Manchester or Prestwick as there are storms over Cork and it sounds like Shannon has no fuel

there are also 2 planes waiting to take off

the feed has just gone down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

another big flash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

MikeD22 wrote: »
    New cell around mitchelstown, cair, clonmel area??

Any potential for more from this?

Seeing a few flashes in Newcastle area outside Clonmel. No thunder as yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Big bolt of sheet lightning just there. First I've seen in a year or more.

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Ryanair diverting to Shannon no fuel options Aldergrove , Manchester or Prestwick

Which flight is that , dub accepting flights now apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Think anything more will come from this?

sLFUVBp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Sat24 shows a convergance in Cork i'd say there is still a little life in this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

im in tramore and cant find any torches, well, aside from the solar torch i found in the press! the lights have gone and come back a couple of times tonight yet only 2 lightning strikes hours ago. beautiful moon filled sky out there now, dont think there is anything else exciting going to happen tonight now. anyone know is the electricity going to go or not and should i plug the laptop out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    im listening, EI565 may be going to Manchester or Prestwick as there are storms over Cork and it sounds like Shannon has no fuel

565 is going to have a go at landing in Dub and will divert to Belfast if it can't make it.

Shannon airport is closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

another flash and distant boom here, and rain is getting heavier again, hmm maybe it's not over just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Just heard a plane taking off, were people not saying they're being diverted? Would hate to be on that plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 colmoneill83

Thunder, lightning and very heavy rain passed through wicklow town about 11:30 pm but only lasted for around 10-15 mins. Irish weather, never know weather to bring an umbrella or sun-cream when you go out, so you better have both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Flash and rumble in D5, 7s apart.

Can hear an airplane, must be fecking off surely?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Flash flooding in Donnycarney. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

xXxkorixXx wrote: »

Still have feed Rescue 1 & 11 reporting 2mm of standing water on runway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

blankAs wrote: »
    im in tramore and cant find any torches, well, aside from the solar torch i found in the press! the lights have gone and come back a couple of times tonight yet only 2 lightning strikes hours ago. beautiful moon filled sky out there now, dont think there is anything else exciting going to happen tonight now. anyone know is the electricity going to go or not and should i plug the laptop out?

I'd plug out the laptop just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Tornando9 wrote: »
    Sat24 shows a convergance in Cork i'd say there is still a little life in this yet.

There would have been some flooding in the city if that had set up directly over it instead of a few km to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

midnight update from met.ie

Current Forecast:
    Thursday, 25 July 2013 00:07 Today

Scattered heavy showers across the country tonight; with some thundery downpours. The highest risk areas include Leinster and east Munster for the early part of tonight, heavy showers moving into Ulster later - spot flooding likely as those showers merge to longer spells of rain. Some respite across southern and western areas later as drier fresher conditions develop across these regions. Another close night for many areas with lows of 13 to 16 degrees Celsius. Some mist and fog forming locally with mostly light southerly breezes, however southeast winds will be stronger near eastern parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

MrDerp wrote: »
    Flash and rumble in D5, 7s apart.

Can hear an airplane, must be fecking off surely?
    just took off heading for Israel, just east of howth now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

keith16 wrote: »
    565 is going to have a go at landing in Dub and will divert to Belfast if it can't make it.

and cork is not an option ether.

oh please tell me there's more action for cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Plane just flew over me after taking off from 10 at Dublin, so it must have improved for now

keith16 wrote: »

Why have a go if theres doubt of not making it

• Advertisement

my internet connection has gone twice so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement