Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Very heavy showers again outside Kilkenny City. Clouds looks very ominous as they pass over only to break up and the sky to clear up.
    Fingers crossed for later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Some nice convection headin north from here, could be an interestin day up there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Lightning now from that cell just south of Kells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

It good to see Matt on board with the AA here in Ireland. Long time follower of his good guy know his stuff.

Matthew Hugo ‏@MattHugo81 2h
    I'm happy to announce that I will be providing meteorological support to the AA over in Ireland. More details/twitter info to come soon.

https://twitter.com/MattHugo81

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rushah

Wall cloud 7.45pm yesterday between Lusk & Rush, there was plenty of rotation in it too.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/1wg4.jpg/

• Advertisement

torrential in D15 !!! :eek:

That cell over north meath looks like its growing nicely on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

lolie wrote: »
    That cell over north meath looks like its growing nicely on the radar.

big flash of lightning followed very closely by a loud rattle of thunder.
    also raining heavy for the last 40minutes.

i am right in the middle of all the bright colours on the radar
    rainradar.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Cloud burst of sorts over Dublin City Centre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

there were about 4 claps of thunder...only one flash of lighning..the rain seems to have moved further north now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jake1 wrote: »

Nice to know the gardens getting a soaking when its dry where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Kaboooom! :D

Few videos from the thunderstorm that passed yesterday eve.
    After watching cells die out as they passed overhead and only heard a few rumbles in the distance i'd given up hope of seeing anything.
    Started of rumbling in three different directions but merged into one big cell.
    Seen some nice big flashes before i started recording, and what may have been a funnel cloud.

Hard to make out the lightning with with the sun shining low and the big rainbow, the sky looked far more impressive than on the phone.

Seen what could have been a funnel cloud in the distance at the start, by the time i started recording it weakened a bit and disappeared behind the rain shortly after. Was definitely movement from the ground up with it.

Dont think i've ever seen the sky change so many different colours in the space of an hour and even after the sun was setting there was still a faint pink rainbow, and as Rickylovesuall said what a sunset afterwards

008239-89528af0-f4de-11e2-a3eb-1b92af6dfea8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

what a year so far,ice and snow,heatwave now thunderstorms,a little bit for everyones taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Great skies, but not much happening around here.

93H13JBl.jpg?1

I was thinking I might cut down that lamp-post but then how would I know if it was snowing in winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

had a few showers like that today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

There's short bursts of thunder here in Blackrock storms a brewing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Great skies, but not much happening around here.

93H13JBl.jpg?1

I was thinking I might cut down that lamp-post but then how would I know if it was snowing in winter?

Been looking at clouds like that to my west heading north all day long.

Nothing but sunshine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Heavy rain and a few rumbles of thunder in D15 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

That was some shower in the City. Torrential isnt the word.

Rumbles of thunder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Been looking at clouds like that to my west heading north all day long.

Nothing but sunshine here.

Yeah, damn sunshine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some localized flooding in parts of Dublin now. People should count their blessings that the rain is not more persistent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thunder shower in Inchicore

Think I heard some thunder in Dublin city center just now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Some localized flooding in parts of Dublin now. People should count their blessings that the rain is not more persistent!

My own road in D12 is like a stream right now... rain has been hammering down for good 15/20 minutes (second time today too) with lots of thunder, water over footpaths too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

What are the chances of a proper thunder storm in D15 today? :L Few rumbles now but nothing to write home about!

Sunday is looking a little more interesting....could be a widespread risk from south to north...we'll see how things look tomorrow evening.

jbfH9Dpbtpbj7A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just caught a serious funnel / lowering on camera there!!!! ANother rumble too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thunder out in Belfied. Nice CB going up even if it's diamter isn't the greatest!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement