Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Rain is easing off in the city center now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

Massive flash in Dublin 2 a few mins ago. Nice to be in the boozer enjoying a few scoops looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Thunder and 2 strikes DN22

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Beautiful view of the city storm from Dun Laoghaire, nice anvils and everything, didnt see any lightning within it but heard the thunder. No pics Im afraid, on laptop here!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely beautiful day here! Looks like our main chance for thundery downpours comes on Sunday according to met.ie :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The cell approaching Galway city looks to be weakening.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,021 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just coming over Clontarf now, rain bucketing down. Tuning into the Dublin airport ATC as we speak :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Absolutely beautiful day here! Looks like our main chance for thundery downpours comes on Sunday according to met.ie :-)

Yep Sunday is looking good at the moment for the south. Could be storms firing up off the coast and rolling in early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Anyone got the netweather premium? What direction is that large cell near Letterkenny going? Is it heading anywhere near derry or is it moving North?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heading to Galway city or just west of there.

Inky black skies out over Galway Bay - just coming into view on my webcam Fingers crossed!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just heard s long rumble of thunder over Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

The cell approaching Galway city looks to be weakening.

Yeah. Think it might just be rain for us today. Lovely warm breeze from it.

Nope. Little rumble!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

MrPoker wrote: »
    Massive flash in Dublin 2 a few mins ago. Nice to be in the boozer enjoying a few scoops looking at it.

That flash cut me off while i was on a call on the mobile phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

A lot of activity in east Donegal the past 1/2 hour or so, thunder every few minutes and seen the odd flash of fork lightning.

EB01C019F89E449C825720B41BE7F27E-0000359205-0003321117-00640L-0A1C5CC7DD864A529876867368452ACE.jpg

Anyone got the netweather premium? What direction is that large cell near Letterkenny going? Is it heading anywhere near derry or is it moving North?

Looks like it might just go north of Derry. Will be pretty close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Another rumble in Dublin CC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lumi wrote: »
    Inky black skies out over Galway Bay - just coming into view on my webcam Fingers crossed!!!:D

I'm going to bring it in to us - just about to water the garden. Soon as I start it should start raining... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

One huge flash over D4 a few mins ago, continuous rumbling of thunder since then though. Rain hasn't stopped in almost 30 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Can hear the thunder over the city centre here in Loughlinstown where its dry as a bone thank god as I'm getting my driveway widened and the concrete has just been poured!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Some tasty rumbles of thunder here but the rain is really intense,id expect the N32 to be badly flooded at this stage
    Wife was saying Fairview in a bad way as well

• Advertisement

So yeah, Sunday is looking interesting...(the triangle above the storm symbols in the south and midlands indicates severe)

54_20.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Dublin CC is getting hammered. For historic purposes :)

rain26July2013_zpsd8a5e961.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Plenty of flooding reports from various parts of Dublin starting to come through now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

gurramok wrote: »
    Dublin CC is getting hammered. For historic purposes :)

rain26July2013_zpsd8a5e961.png

Ha looking at that it doesn't look so bad. So localised. But I can confirm the rain has been relentless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

One of those flashes a while back came down no more than 50m away. Was on a call and then I was deafened. Whole house lit up and thunder was way more high pitched with no delay at all!

Looking around there is no sign of any damage. I can't see my own roof and I'm not going outside!

I'm in Milltown D6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Plenty of flooding reports from various parts of Dublin starting to come through now.

http://www.thejournal.ie/flooding-dublin-2-1010325-Jul2013/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I can't remember such a high intensity deluge as the one that hit dublin cc in some time. Sat on a bus on north wall quay for a good while now. Driver mentioned traffic lights being knocked out due to the storm all over the north side so commutes could be interesting this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just had a couple of rumbles of thunder here, no rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Flooding all over Dublin 1. Jones Road is in a bad way. Really loud rumbles of thunder up here. The loudest over the last two days. Seems to be easing a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pretty much non stop thunder and lightning for about an hour in the city centre, stopped about 15 mins ago, still thunder clapping though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement