Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I got caught out in a storm in Ibiza and the was close lightning after one flash there was a strong smell of burning

Well it defo came and went with the storm. Freaked me out though. Could not enjoy the dinner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

km79 wrote: »
    Well it defo came and went with the storm. Freaked me out though. Could not enjoy the dinner :(

Was there much lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was there much lightning

I don't think so. There was a LOT of thunder. I seen one flash at the start. But I did not watch it fully after that !

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Looks like it might just go north of Derry. Will be pretty close though.

Got it ;) Got some photos and some video as well. Drove 40 miles to end up being less than 1 mile from my house LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fantastic photos lads, Would love to see something here in Wexford over the next few days but looking unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

what part of East Galway are you in , I went after the one to the West of Galway turned out to be a damp squip two rumbles, I saw the one in the East direction but with tea time traffic decided against going, Dam

I probably passed you somewhere on the road!

Slight Mammatus over the neighbours
    QdR4JtTl.jpg

East of Galway

uMoiR2Kl.jpg

The one that sparked over the Burren

SwTgzPyl.jpg

One more from home
    V5E6uRLl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 helloyeshi

While there were plenty of clouds building over Achill before moving inland, there wasn't even a drop of rain. A cracking day here, would love some thunder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Sky blue black no sparks in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Occasional black thundery looking clouds passing by over Castlebar but no sparks all week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just one shower around 6.30am. The rest of the day mostly sunny. Max Temp 22.1c which makes it day 21 in a row of 20c plus Maxs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

Nothing but a couple of scattered showers here in Baltray all day ... Beautiful sunshine and not too warm !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Sky blue black no sparks in Athlone

T'was lovely rain though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

just heard roof collapsed in killbarrack SC Dublin 5 with the heavy rain pharmacy flooded not sure how bad it is will update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Here was the heavy bit of rain on my balcony. Dublin 16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrTIXmytRlk

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Bone dry & sunny in Dublin 24 area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Another funnel in Letterkenny today..

donegaldailyreader.jpg

Source:http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/07/26/twister-funnel-over-donegal-sky/

Some severe thunderstorms looking likelyin northern France tomorrow as well so something to keep an eye on for anyone in the SE of England, one or two could make it across the Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 lauriemont

any action expected in dublin tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some rumbles to East from this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96482791@N03/9370810843/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Three rumbles a few mins ago small ploosh of rain now, glad I cut grass earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Tomorrow looks like being quieter day with showers mostly confied to Western areas and probably not as thundery as the past couple of days.

Sunday looks interesting but no point looking in detail there until tomorrow night because things can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very quiet day in meath today despite the intense rain nearby in Dublin, a short shower around 2pm and then sunny since then, fairly decent summers day.

mental rain here now gutters not coping oh and the sky signal is gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Well that was exciting, the flood water nearly came in the back door, my drain in the yard couldn't cope, I need to do something about this, heaviest rain shower I've seen here, never had this happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

vickers209 wrote: »
    just heard roof collapsed in killbarrack SC Dublin 5 with the heavy rain pharmacy flooded not sure how bad it is will update

Any more news from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very threatning cloud approaching Galway now, circular motion overhead and a wall of rain heading for the City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

264351.jpg

Big downpour that passed over lough sheelin earlier
    264353.jpg

The Dublin city cell in the distance, at least 50 miles away. 264352.jpg

The big shower that passed over meath this evenin at 7ish, camera doesnt do it justice. Looked amazing with the sun shining on it.
    264354.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement