Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Some seriously heavy rain coming down now here in Greystones - not seen rain this heavy in ages!

Wayhayy! Nice big rumble just there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Water shooting up through the manholes here atm!

While out on the bike a while ago I heard Rumbling near Castledermot, but was more over Baltinglass or heading that direction, heard more a few mins ago.

It's blowing around me all the time hear it again in the distance, appears to be coming this way the veers around me. But I see impressive cloud formations today.

I hear Thunder the other side now but looking at the radar all the showers seem to be bypassing me, typical !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That one that went through Naas looks unreal! And heading straight for Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭robclay26

First photo of white cloud to west of kildalkey and current thunderstorm with lightning and plenty of rumbles east if kildalkey over trim. Getting dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

constant thunder getting progressively louder, just saw a flash of lightning, skies jet black to the west .. INCOMING! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

cwboy wrote: »
    Good few rumbles around Bagenalstown. Electricity flicked off twice.

Not far from you. Thought it was in Ballinkillen where it was coming from. Power flicked off once here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

So dark, so erie, so loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Funnel Cloud around 11.30am. Coleraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Near Wicklow town here, and only had a shower of rain, no thunder or anything!! I'm annoyed...but my dog is terrified of thunder so suppose it's also kind of a good thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Cleared Naas, nice and bright now - can still hear the cloud rumbling towards Dublin - we've got another system coming towards us from the south west, hopefully it puts on a show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Shag all here apart from a few spots of rain, can see some big anvils in the distance but they seem to be bypassing this location for now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Drogheda is shaking with the thunder, lightning hard to see but the odd flash, it's brilliant no rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Continuous thunder and lightning here from small cell to the south of me
    about 2 bangs a minute,connected rumbles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Starting to hear second wave incoming south Meath.

Anyone in flood prone areas of South Dublin take precautions. That's a very nasty bit of weather approaching.

The more intense stuff in the Naas cell took a big shift SE in the latest frame, Starting to rain here now, can't here thunder anymore, think we're gonna catch the northern edge of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Heavy shower just passed through bettsytown with a nice few snaps of thunder and lightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its heading past Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Dundalk is getting hammered at the moment!!! Heavy rain, thunder and hail!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nice sunshine here in west cork all morning no rain as yet:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

A lot of rattles and bangs for about 20 minutes, 30 seconds of tropical rain, in among a shower, and it's all moved on now.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Big cell heading towards Bray/Greystones. Lots of lightning. Might be weakening a little now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Big cell heading towards Bray/Greystones. Lots of lightning.

:( Wish I was at home right now, been waiting for ages for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Will this be confines to South Dublin or hit the city centre? Heavy rain in Dublin 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

mammatus cloud over arklow now and i can hear a few rumbles in the distance, please god we get something

Will this be confines to South Dublin or hit the city centre? Heavy rain in Dublin 1

It's passing to the south of Dublin towards Bray/Greystones. Sun is out here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Seems like it's turned south and heading for Wicklow instead !

Gone quiet here in south Meath, very quiet, that second band doesn't appear to have any activity in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Looks to have dropped in intensity as its hitting the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

gone very dark in arklow (lamberton) and the wind has picked up. fingers crossed

• Advertisement

The mountains seem to have torn it apart now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement