Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

pad199207 wrote: »
    Ooh quite a bang of thunder there to the south its like boom boom boom boom across the sky

boom boom boom, everybody say wayo... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Heavy showers reported over the airport by ATC,
    Listen by cliking the link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Clouds over Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

lashing down here D15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Thunder over Swords.... Hope there's more on way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Very Heavy shower a few minutes ago in Saggart turned the main road into a river

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Heavy thundery showers frequent here now, this passed to our north (Edenderry is right under it) a while ago, loads of thunder to be heard.

IMAG0352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Few claps of thunder here in Portlaoise in the last 15, 20 minutes or so. Very black sky approaching from the south.

There was some nice rumbles earlier too, between 2 and 3pm and I caught sight of a couple of flashes of lightning to go along with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Athlone this afternoon. Ricky where you!?

Edit: A fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

nilhg wrote: »
    Heavy thundery showers frequent here now, this passed to our north (Edenderry is right under it) a while ago, loads of thunder to be heard.

Was right under it myself, no power here since 11am so i couldn't watch the radar. plenty of thunder in that shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Athlone this afternoon. Ricky where you!?

564173_630417886983574_1301406897_n.jpg
    A friend of mine took that picture it was just outside Clara heading towards Athlone at approx. 14.00hrs

Huge downpour here last 20 odd mins, just looked on radar seemed to just get more intense right over here.

Sadly no sparks ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Tracked a few strikes from the Iceland site this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Convection from Naas

Getting dark here again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cyclops999 wrote: »
    A friend of mine took that picture it was just outside Clara heading towards Athlone at approx. 14.00hrs

Well your friend (and me) has been duped. This cloud funnel was taken 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just home from taking photos up at the airport.

Some awesome convection today! , got a cell go up right over us, sheared anvil , and possible wall cloud on it too! Really happy with the shots ... AND video i got .

ALSO !...... Saw my first PROPER bolt in months!!! :D ... was a CC bolt , going from left to right , shouted in excitement , then cursed at myself for not recording at the time ! Grrrrr! ...

Anyhoo.... just finishing off a nice celebratory DOMINOS , whilst my camera is recording another nice cell heading over me now just incase it produces some sparks .

Photos and video coming later ! :D

Ooh more thunder in Naas. Round three!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Looking forward to cycling through this in a few and what ever it produces!!

Should point out that was taken in Leopardstown looking west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Convection from Naas

As Im back online, I can confirm that Convection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Can't believe I still haven't seen one strike or heard one rumble here in wexford town since all this started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Ooh more thunder in Naas. Round three!

It's coming my way now Padd, hailstones just started to fall, can hear the rumble in the distance.:D

I took this between Naas and Newbridge earlier looking S/W at the storm.

IMAG1326.jpg

Deank wrote: »
    It's coming my way now Padd, hailstones just started to fall, can hear the rumble in the distance.:D

no precip here ha. And havent heard thunder since

no precip here ha. And havent heard thunder since

Rumbles out near Allenwood area, a small bit of hail too, no sparks though, when I got home earlier the alarm was hopping and all of the electrical equipment had been reset, must have a decent strike near by.
    Some nice convection heading this way at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deank wrote: »
    Rumbles out near Allenwood area, a small bit of hail too, no sparks though, when I got home earlier the alarm was hopping and all of the electrical equipment had been reset, must have a decent strike near by.
    Some nice convection heading this way at the mo.

That strike earlier was a nuke! One in particular, but most of them were fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Lightning in balbriggan according to the missus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This cloud system moving by Lucan is interesting, lots of movement, no rain or thunder though, hard to describe, not a funnel just spouts of air rushing down

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That strike earlier was a nuke! One in particular, but most of them were fierce.

The one I heard and saw in Sallins, prob the leading edge of the cell was deafening, pity it wasn't at night though, plenty of hope yet, look whats brewing and coming in from the S/W.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement