Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Holy sh*t just had the biggest flash and loudest bang of thunder over Tramore Co.Waterford right now, was like a hurricane with the wind and rain. The road is now flooded outside my house in the space of 5 mins holy sheet.

It's just reached here.... Massive flash right overhead as I was typing. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Holy sh*t just had the biggest flash and loudest bang of thunder over Tramore Co.Waterford right now, was like a hurricane with the wind and rain. The road is now flooded outside my house in the space of 5 mins holy sheet.

Same thing here in Ferrybank, 2nd flash just happened, it like a hurricane./ monsoon all at once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was a big bang! The flash made me get up cos I wondered what it was there being no rain or wind then 5 seconds later BOOOOOOOOOOOOM and the heavens opened. Doesn't happen like that to often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Mike65 wrote:
    The flash made me get up

theflashhuge.jpg?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Some nice activity showing up on Sat24, hopefully we all see some fireworks tonight !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ahhh excitement!!!!!!! :D:D:D EYES AND CAMERAS READY FOLKS ! * FINGERS CROSSED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

lightning seen about 5 mins ago but far away to the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Decent storm here in my overnight halt of Aughrim Co Wicklow , started as dry lightning in the mountains about 40 mins ago, heavy rain with lots of sparks just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

was out driving around wicklow town seen 4 flashes in 20 mins flashes getting brighter each time heard no thunder though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Great showing of lightning over arklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm seeing lots of flashes where I am, looks good from here! :) even if it is low on the horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Is it confined to the south/east coast?

Lovely and dry for the past while here in the NE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Violent storm in Arklow just easing but thunder still rolling.
    Twas very loud,at least 30 big long flashes and bangs before I lost count.
    Rain rate of 102mm/hr

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seeing lots of distant lightning flashes from here over the Dublin Mountains...have not heard thunder yet.

Rumble of thunder there back in house now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

3 flashes south of Greystones just now. Rumbles in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Big clap of thunder in Wicklow town!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Some beautiful flashes in Bray over Bray head. No thunder yet.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Netweather.tv showing a huge amount of activity south of cork. Hopefully it might make its way north (to limerick preferably).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Could get interesting for the pilots, follow the link on my sig to listen, and
    http://www.flightradar24.com/53.24,-6.21/8 to watch.

Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Mech1 wrote: »
    Could get interesting for the pilots, follow the link on my sig to listen, and
    http://www.flightradar24.com/53.24,-6.21/8 to watch.

Pat.

Anything of interest yet? On phone so not listening. Another f5 thread in a&a?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Anything of interest yet? On phone so not listening. Another f5 thread in a&a?!

Not listening myself even though its my feed:D

Just spotted this thread gettin busy and looked at the "will it rain today" radar and thought I should remind you guys of the links.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Power is out in parts of Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Was driving back home up the Dublin mountains & saw huge flashes coming my way & now it's raining heavily. Came on here to confirm what I saw was lightening & obviously it was! Thought maybe it could have been fireworks with Halloween next week but when the rain came & the bright moon disappeared behind cloud I kinda knew then it was defo lightening

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Heavy rain now in Bray, no lightning tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Must be all down the east coast, plenty of it down here in wexford, going on for the last hour and bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Heavy rain now in Bray, no lightning tho.

I'm up in Wilford Court off Corke Abbey and had to come in off my balcony it was so heavy. Seems to have eased now.

1381376_621825714527725_2108587551_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

5 flashes from Naas here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Flashing lighting in Wexford. where's the storm though exactly? no thunder. can see the flashes from rosslare looking northwards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement